December 7, 2008

Blue Heart Quilt Patterned Paper

Edit: Hello all, the direct link to the Men of Life paper does not open at the moment but it will be fixed today. In the meantime, check out THIS LINK and scroll down to view the paper. It coordinates with the new Men of Life stamp set released last month.

I was thinking of ideas for some quilt themed cards when I remembered the blue patterned paper from the Men of Life collection. Since I have quilting on the brain so much lately, this paper reminded me of cross stitch. I thought it would be fun to add in a quilt block pattern from Papertrey's Quilter's Sampler Additions set. Guess what? The quilt blocks fit into the open design of the patterned paper perfectly, like they were designed for a square image to fit! I was so excited about this fun find! To make my own customized quilt looking paper, I stamped the heart quilt block with Palette Noir black ink. Then I reached for a Copic sketch marker to color in the hearts to make them more prominent in the overall design. I finished the quilt squares off with a white dot using a white gel pen. Zoom in to get a closer look.
Above are my finished cards. I kept the overall design very simple so that I could show off the patterned paper.
I finished off the cards with a birthday sentiment from the Quilter's Sampler stamp set, two punched hearts from Spring Rain cardstock, and two dressed, vintage buttons. Ribbon is Topnotch Twill in Spring Rain. Very simple cards that I hope you will enjoy!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, you are such an inspiration, I love your blog!

Michelle said...

Wow - what a great idea, Michelle....those cards turned out looking like quilts and you really can focus on that pattern; very nice!

Dottie K. said...

Wow these are beautiful. I always look forward to your posts. Just love what you did with the paper. Still waiting to see what you're up to with those snowflakes. I'm using them in a project for next year that I've started and have a few extra. Thanks for sharing! Have a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

You are too, TOO smart!! Your cards turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with the rest of us!!

Alli Miles said...

Do you know how BRILLANT you are??!!!! My goodness girl, this project is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and so clever! Love this card!!

Pearlann66 said...

just lovely as always!
the hearts with buttons are just so cute!!

Linda Carson said...

BRILLIANT!

Lisa Foster said...

These are wonderful, Michelle! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! My first words when I open your blog page are always, "Wow"...TFS!

Anonymous said...

Your quilting cards keep me coming back to see your clever designs.
PS - I'm still curious what you're making with the red and white MS stuff cupcakes holders and photo frames etc...you posted a few weeks ago? will you share soon?

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely fabulous! Love this awesome card. Your creativity is amazing!

Debbie Corbari said...

So simple! So pretty! So brilliant! Love these!

Julia Aston said...

This is just so clever - I'm going to look at all my DP's a littl closer! These cards are just wonderful!

DeeDee said...

OMG!!! It's like the two were made for each other!!! So pretty too...what pretty cards you've put together...love those buttons girlie!!! HUGS!!!

Karen said...

You are so clever. I never would have thought of stamping on that paper. Very nice card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails