December 23, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

Saying it's cold outside is an understatement! It's bitterly cold. The wind bites your face. Just nasty cold. That's all the more reason I sooo appreciate my nice warm home, my fireplace and the table Jordan set up with a Thomas Kincaide puzzle. Nothing like being at home for the holidays!

I put together this card last night while thinking about the cold. The adorable stamp is one of Anna's cute designs from Whipper Snapper. This card was near impossible to photo because of all the muted colors and shimmery color. I stamped the image onto PTI Kraft Cardstock and then colored it with Copic markers. The muted colors you get when color on Kraft Cardstock really gives a vintage look that I love. I added a lot of shimmery details to my card......Perfect Pearls around the snow woman image, new Vintage Glass Glitter that I got from my friend Cindy at Star Lit Studio(the shimmer you get is amazing!) and big chunky Martha Stewart snow glitter along the ground line to resemble a pile of snow. Zoom in below and you can probably see it better.
For the card base, I used Kraft Cardstock and some new October Afternoon pink snow paper that I got from Star Lit Studio. Cindy's getting a wonderful selection of the hard to find October Afternoon paper. I finished the card off with Spellbinder's rectangle mats for the main image, Papertrey Sweet Blush Swiss Dot Ribbon and some pink, shiny sequins on the snowflake. I think the sentiment and snowflakes from Pine's Papertrey Snowfall stamp set finishes the card off perfectly. This will be a great card to use after the first of the year....the holidays will be over but the cold will still be here!

18 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Love the colors on this card and all it's sprakle. Just adorable! It's cold here in the east also. No snow where I'm at-thank goodness. Looking forward to seeing some of your December book. Stay warm! :)

Anonymous said...

Mish, that's a beautiful card. Oh, to have your creative brain! :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year girl!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love how you took a cutsie image and turned it into a elegant grown up design. Love the colors and vintage look.

Debbi said...

Mish this is SO SO SWEET! I love it all - the sparkle, the COLOR (I love the "other than red/green" Cards for Christmas) and that adorable image!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful! I really like the vintage look in slightly non-traditional colors (hey, pink is related to red, right? try telling that to inflexible felix:))
And oh the sparkle! Cindy ......

Rachelle said...

I love the pink with the snow. This is just perfect for today...it is a cold one for sure.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a stunning card. I love absolutely everything about it: the vintage look, the coloring, the resist snowflake in the background... Such a cool, beautiful result!

TFS!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

We have the nasty freezing ran. I slipped all the way to Wal-Mart.

I was wondering how you photograph your beautiful artwork. Thanks:)

Monique said...

What a beauticul card! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Now hold on here! Did you say Anna? as in Anna Wight? THE Anna Wight? Well then I adore this card. Simply, utterly, and absolutely.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty! Thank you so much for all of the inspiration this year.

Karen said...

Adorable card. Love the snow lady and the way you highlighted the flower in the paper with the bling and button.

Patti said...

I just love this card- the colors, design...it is so cute! I love your blog- so much inspiration!!! Happy Holidays to oyu and your family!

Patti

Elaine said...

It's beautiful, Michelle! I love the subtle look you got from the kraft stock - very pretty!

wandykj said...

Love this card-it looks vintage! Hope you have a Merry Christmas & Happy 2009!

Wanda

DeeDee said...

Oh Mish!!!! Do you need my address? LOL!!! I love snow people and this one is just adorable!!! GREAT card!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS girlie!!! HUGS!!!

retiredheather said...

Wow I love the use of these muted colors...fantastic.
Happy Holidays
Heather

Lisa Brown said...

I love the colors on this precious card! very, very pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails