July 16, 2007

Proud Mom Moment!

Here are my two girls, Josey and Jordan(no, they are not twins). Around their necks are their GOLD medals for winning the 2007 Biscuit Softball Tournament!!! This is their second year to be champs. My husband and I have coached the team for those two years and our combined record is 22-2!!!



Last year I made these cards for the girls after they won the gold. Totally forgot about the cards until months later. Well, isn't it nice that I can use them this year!?? I leave for Chicago for CHA on Thursday and I always leave little gifts and cards for my girls while I'm away. Card supplies are SU! stamps and card stock.



I made this fun pocket design so that the card stock wrapped to the inside. I'm heading to Target tomorrow and will pick up some gift cards or IPod gift cards to tuck in there....maybe a Sonic card or some cash, I dunno yet. But something fun to open from Mom while she's gone. They always look forward to that.



And to make the card seem more like a gift, I tied tags onto the cards to make them seem more like little gifts. Very simple to do....cut and emboss an oval Spellbinder's Die Template then adhere to the next size larger die cut navy oval. Insert burgundy brads and tie to the navy ribbon with silver SU! cord. I'll tuck these away out of sight and have my husband give these to the girls one night this week. Of course I'll have a nice note in there too, telling the girls how proud I am that they KICKED BUTT this year in softball!!



Tip of the day: Never underestimate the power of gift cards!! And with all the supplies and tools we have, there's tons of ways to make even a card seem special.

9 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a great mom you are! Congrats! And if you hadn't stated that your girls were not twins...I definitely would have thought so... : )

Dottie K. said...

Congrats to your girls! Such a great idea to leave something for them. I just love their red hair. It's beautiful!!! Cute card also. I love the tag idea on the envelope - I give my nieces and newphes gift cards so I'm going to use your tip. I use alot of them. Have a safe trip! TFS

Alhambra Club said...

Congratulations to the girls, the team and of course the coaches. Have fun in Chicago

Jenn said...

Cute Mish!!! I love those little red heads!!!! have a great time at CHA give hugs for me!!! Wish you were headed that way next month also!!!!

Anonymous said...

MIsh ~ you are an awesome Mom!!! :)

Anonymous said...

great cards to leave for them! and did you know you can print your own itunes gc's from the itunes store? very cool for last minute-can't get to the store-gifts!

have fun at cha! :) lexi

Anonymous said...

Red Heads!!! Those cute girls could be mine! I have red hair, but all three of my boys are blonde/brown. What cuties you have!

Anne Marie said...

Adorable girls! I love reading the personal notes. Thanks for sharing!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Way to go girls! That is one awesome winning record you have. There must be some awesome coaches also! Congratulations to the entire family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails