July 9, 2007

Christmas in July!

Are you ready for some more fun samples? Okay then, let's get BIZZEEEE! These are actual samples that are heading to CHA as we speak (or type!). I can't wait to see the Spellbinder's booth as I think it will be beautiful!! These are some card Christmas card samples using Lockhart images. This first card uses my very favorite stamp from Karen's collection. It's the Bouquet stamp and I think I've used it for almost every season now. It's SO versatile. Karen, if you're reading this post.....we need an entire collection of bouquets!!! Image is finished off with some pierced swirls from Ellen's Ornare templates. I'm hooked on those little things!! Image is cut out with a scallop Spellbinder's die and then embossed by using the same die but ran through the Wizard with the rubber mat. Then that image is adhered to the green mat with dimensionals. The green mat uses a straight rectangle die that was also embossed. Then for the tag with the sentiment, I cut a smaller oval and embossed it. Isn't it gorgeous? The embossing just adds such elegance. Your cards will take on a professional stationery feel, I tell ya. Background paper is from the holiday Crate Paper collection. A little Decorative Pearl finishes off the bouquet bow.



This card below was created using one of Karen's beautiful Angel stamps. I've used my Sakura glitter pen all over the image and in real life, she just sparkles. Main image was created the exact same way as the first card, only I used scallop shaped dies. Again, a totally elegant look for this card without a lot of other embellishments. Three little mocha Decorative Pearls finish off the image.



My third card was made into a scallop square shape by folding a piece of card stock into a square. Then I cut both layers with a square scallop die and embossed it too. All you have to do to make shaped cards is to leave the folded edge of one side of the card off of the die. This leaves the fold in tact. The main image of this little thank you card is Karen Lockhart's Packages stamp. It's the Stamp of the Month at Ellen's online store, and you can also buy a kit using this image and prepackaged goodies that Ellen will send out. I added another little Ornare swirl to the package and finished it off with three mocha Decorative Pearls. The main image was cut and embossed with a square die. The Many Thanks sentiment was cut with a small oval die then embossed.

Did you notice that my cards have a lot of layers but still look clean and crisp. That's because the dies leave a nice embossed layer without being too bold. It's that tone on tone raised edge that is beautiful but not overbearing. I simply love them!!



Stay tuned all ths week for more samples, including more Crafty Secrets goodies! And be sure to check out Ellen's blog all this week for new posts and information about her Friday the 13th sale....13 hours and 13% off everything!! Be sure to check out her card challenge using Lockhart images and enter her drawing. I know the prizes...YOU WILL WANT THE PRIZES so get over there girls!! But be sure to leave me a comment about what you think about the new Copics, Spellbinder's dies and Karen's images. And I'm not sure when the images will be available for preview but hold onto hats when you see the new Crafty Secrets images coming out at CHA. Pure bliss and vintage stamp-o-rama!!!!!

Tip of the day: See the velvet ribbon on my first two cards? I love to use a strip of ribbon to seam two edges of paper together. For my cards, I placed the velvet ribbon over the top edge of the patterned paper. This seams together the solid paper and the patterned paper and finishes off a card beautifully.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the samples! Love how they have texture and look so crisp and clean. I can not wait to see what you come up with next! You girls are sooooo bad on my pocketbook!

Dawn T

Anonymous said...

I love the Copics! I have some and love to use them with the Prismacolor pencils. I also have many of the Lockhart stamps. Can't wait to buy the new ones from Ellen on Friday. I took 3 colored pencil classes from Karen Lockhart last year (I live in the Seattle area). I do not own a die cutting machine - yet! But plan to buy a Wizard and the new dies - I love what you have done with them.

Alhambra Club said...

these cards are great so crisp looking, love that angel stamp, she is on my must have list

DoxieGirl said...

"Whoa!" said in Joey Lawrence voice! 80's flashback there!
Oh My Gosh! Your cards are amazing, as always! I'm leaving a trail of my wishes on many blogs, but I'll tell you again if you really want to know! Yes, the spellbinder dies are going to be mine! :) And I am super excited about the copic markers! And that present stamp that you used should come live at my house as well. I am sure, however, that there will be much more that catches my eye on Friday! :) I can't wait!
~Kendra

Anonymous said...

Your cards are beautiful!! These new dies look wonderful! The Copics have been at my LSS for years ~~ & Kathy Sanders "Queen of the Copics" is so excited ~~ she'll be at CHA & will be meeting Ellen & Karen!! Kathy teaches Copic classes, just did the Copic tutorial on SCS & has been creating Whipper Snapper samples with Copics for forever! Needless to say I LOVE the Copics ~~ maybe someday I can afford to buy some, lol!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your work! Will you post your cards to your SCS gallery? I would love to favorite them. Ellen sure knew what she was doing when she had you join the design team.

Beth Thomas said...

These are breathtaking! I especially like the sweet bouquet! Your beautiful creations always inspire me. Will Friday every come?

Unknown said...

These cards are beautiful - you have hooked me on the embossed frames - will this work with a Cuttlebug too?? Love them!

Michele Kovack said...

These are so beautiful! You are so lucky to be able to play withe Spellbinders.....I'm sooo jealous! : )

Anne said...

You're making it very difficult for me to not want to pre-order all of the shapes and more stamps because your cards are so lovely. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Smiles,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi! It is your diet coke with lime friend! I love your blog, your samples, your designs, the way you write, etc.!!!!! I'm so excited about the new spellbinder dies and the copic markers but especially the new dies that I'm almost speechless!

PS - A banner float in our 4th of July parade by the Board of education said 56 days until school starts! LOL! That is brutal isn't it?! Don't think about it! Skip the diet coke and get a margarita! TTFN!

Viv said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to get my hands on those new dies!

Karen said...

Great cards. I love the coloring and how simple but elegant they are!

Rose Ann said...

Your projects are so beautiful, Michelle! I have been enjoying them very much!

Tara said...

These cards are all beautiful! You are super talented!! :)

Kim said...

The cards are all so beautiful! Love them!

Anonymous said...

I ordered Ellen's stamp of the month in June beause of your influence now I'm thinking I need to go back to get more stuff! I think that gift stamp is the SOTM for July but those angels are calling me too; I'm sure Ellen appreciates the enabler you've become!!!! Superb work on all these samples for CHA!

Related Posts with Thumbnails