July 24, 2007

Papertrey meets Spellbinders!

I FINALLY got to meet Nichole Heady at CHA! Oh, what a fun moment that was!! We squealed and hugged and chatted like we were old friends. She is just the nicest, down to earth and sassiest little thing there is! I love her!!



Before I left for CHA, my new Papertrey stamps came. I ordered the Border and Corners Squares and Circles. The first thing I wanted to do was match up some of my Spellbinder's Die Templates with Nichole's images to see how they would work. Oh what a fun combination these are going to be! This is my finished card using a scallop square Spellbinder's Die Template and a square from the Borders and Corners Square set from Papertrey. I love how all the stamps and dies coordinate and look so good together. I also used some of the little corner accents from the same PT set in the corners and added AMuse Creative Candy clear twinkle stickers. The flower images and sentiments are Papertrey's Green Thumb set. Ink is from SU! in Groovy Guava, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, and Gable Green. Cardstock is SU! Groovy Guava and Papertrey's Stamper's Select in White. Patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie Birthday Girl Polka Dot. Ribbon is May Arts and was gifted to me by Karen Lockhart, thanks Karen!



To find out what border images work with what Spellbinder's dies, here's what you can do. Lay your stamp down and find a die that fits around the stamp, leaving some white space. Then set in the smaller images (flowers for this card). You instantly get a visual as to whether the stamps and dies that you want to use fit together. Once you get it figured out, your next step is to cut and emboss the white square using the Spellbinder's Die Template.



To stamp the images inside the square border, I used Eclipse Masking Tape from Ellen's online store. That stuff is awesome, so thin and slightly sticky. I then stamped the flowers and the stems to make a little mini framed image. Then I just finished my card by assembling the papers and attaching the main image with SU! dimensionals. The tag with sentiment has a gold SU! eyelet and was attached to the main image with SU! gold cord (discontinued). I simply love how detailed the card looks but that all those little elements are on the one white layer. Enjoy!

14 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the spellbinder dies

Karen said...

Sounds like fun! Love the new papertrey

Anonymous said...

It was SO great to meet you as well, Michelle! You never told me if you were a convert to cosmos with a little extra lime?!?!*wink* I love how you utilized our new stamps with the Spellbinders dies. What a great combination!

Beth Thomas said...

Lindsey- I love that card. The cheerful colors and the clean lines make this one a fav in my book!

Anonymous said...

Love your card with the new spellbinders die! I've been reading various blogs on those, and, how do those dies actually work? Do you need something else to "make the cut?" Thanks for sharing your work!

Adelina said...

That's a beautiful card! I love all your creations!

Tandra said...

Lucky you!! Meeting Nichole!!! Cute card-love it!!
AND.. I noticed you have another shorter new 'do!!! Very cute!!!!

Jenn said...

Mishalicious!!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Great card Michelle! So nice to meet you in person! Your work is amazing!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful card, Michelle! How great that you were able to meet Nichole! Great picture too!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
what a BEAUTIFUL card dahhlink. It was great meeting you at CHA!

Mwah!
Em

Anonymous said...

WOW, beautiful card!!! I am so grateful for all the tips. TFS.

Risa said...

I love your work Michelle!

~* Tracy *~ said...

Love your cute card!
I'm so desperate to get my paws on these gorgeous Spellbinders dies!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails