July 25, 2007

Halloween Samples...

Here's another photo of some of my favorite friends I got to meet in person at CHA. From left to right is Trudee Sauer, Karen Lockhart, Ellen Hutson, Kathy (Colorin Kate), Debbie Olson and me. I am such a lucky girl to work with these girls!!



While at CHA, a big focus was on holiday items including Christmas and Halloween. I am a huge fan of Halloween so I snapped a few photos of some cute gift items. But first check out this adorable treat pocket I made. The idea came from the SU! Holiday Mini Catalog. I used a half sheet of stamped card stock folded in half. For the border on the top opening, I cut and embossed a strip of purple card stock using the largest Spellbinder's Die Template. I adhered it to the inside of the pocket then stitched around three sides of the pocket.

For the main image I used Karen Lockhart's new Witch's Leg, isn't it funky and cute!!? I love it! Image was colored with Copic markers(wait til you see my new tips soon on coloring with Copic, you will be sold on them!). White card stock square was cut and embossed using a square Spellbinder's Die Template, layered on a green square then layered again on a scallop cut and embossed SB Die Template. I just love the textured layering effects you get using the SP dies.

To finish the treat pocket, I cut and embossed a small SB oval then stamped the fun Lockhart sentiment. This was tied to the perfect Halloween May Arts ribbon with SU! gold cord (discontinued). The horizontal strip of patterned paper in the background is My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie collection in orange.

Inside you can put scrunchy paper and all kinds of treats or candy bars. I can't wait to mass produce some of these for special Halloween gifts!!



The following three photos below are some other fun Halloween treats I snapped photos of while at CHA. Aren't they fun!! I believe they were from the Bazzill booth.





Tip of the day: To speed up the process when you get ready to mass produce items like my treat pockets.......color the images at a different time. I take a lot of stamped images with me when I sub and have a break, or when I take my girls swimming, etc. This way, your images are colored and ready to go. Great time saver.

Supplies from Ellen Hutson's online store: Lockhart Witch's Leg and Witchie, Witchie sentiment, Copic markers (O, YR24, Y17, 100, V09, V17, YG95, YR09), Memory Box card stock in Concord Grage and JackoLantern, Spellbinders Die Templates

Other supplies: SU! gold cord,Old Olive card stock and Dimensionals, Papertrey Stamper's Select white card stock, May Arts Halloween ribbon, MME Tres Jolie patterned paper from Eclectic Paperie, machine stitching with white thread, SU! Really Rust eyelet, scrunchy filler paper, candy

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, love your treat bag, and that is such a cute stamp.

Juliana said...

Very cute and inspiring projects!!

Thanks for the CHA pic--it is great to put faces with names!! (I didn't know that Debbie was soo tall. LOL!)

Thank you for always being so generous with what you post!!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Love your latest hair! :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT STUFF, I love the photos, it's great to see the people who's blogs I read together in one place!
Also, seeing them in different photos gives me a better perspective on what they look like, TFS.

Karen said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing

Dottie K. said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love the treat bag. I just purchased a bunch of plain bags to decorate for the holidays. Thanks for the tip of taking images with you and coloring-going to do that one. Keep the tips coming! I really do use them. Printed your cutting instructions for mass producing and is under my clear desk pad. Thanks!!!!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Awesome stuff!! Thanks for sharing with us all!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails