July 17, 2007

I'm off to CHA!!

Today's the big day girls! I head off to Chicago for CHA (Craft and Hobby Association)to meet up with SOOO many friends and business associates. I'm so excited!! I've got my suitcases packed and am loading up my carry on bag. This fun bag is from K & Company. Joy carries them in her Eclectic Paperie store. It's big and roomy, can hold a 12 x 12 album and has pockets inside. It's super soft and very cozy on the shoulder. I added a name tag and made this fun matching journal below.



K & Company has this wonderful line of paper and accessories from a well known fabric designer, Amy Butler. I have a lot of her fabric too and it's splendid! So I thought it would be fun to have a notebook that matched my tote bag. I picked out all of my supplies (see photo below) and went to work! Once again, I chose Karen Lockhart's awesome pencil jar stamp for my focal image. I colored it with Copic markers and added some blue sky background. Image was cut and embossed with a rectangle Spellbinder's Die Template, then mounted on a pick piece of card stock that was cut and embossed with a slightly larger Spellbinder's scallop die template. I finished off the notebook (from Target) with some May Arts polka dot ribbon and it was ready to go!



Here's my finished notebook. I have plenty of business meetings and lots of fun, new products to check out so I'm sure this notebook will get plenty of use. I'll be back Sunday evening from CHA.....I'll probably be back to the blogging on Monday! Have a great week everyone and stay tuned..I'll be posting some of my favorite finds and I'm sure I'll have some fun photos also.



Supplies: Spellbinder's Die Templates,Lockhart pencil jar stamp and Copic markers from Ellen Hutson's online store. K & Company tote and patterned paper from Eclectic Paperie. Ribbon from May Arts. Journal from Target. The word *create* is from Karen Foster's tiny casual alphabet.

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

You'll be the best-dressed blog reporter there! :) Looking forward to your updates ... have an awesome time!

Sherrie said...

Have a great time Mish, I'm hoping to go in Feb. Love the matching journal you created to go with that lovely bag!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Well you just enabled me to go and buy that bag from eP...amongst many other items...and I can't wait to get it!!!

Dawn said...

Yeah!! So fun and colorful! Michelle, I do have a quick question for you on the Spellinbinder die cuts. Do you use these with the cuttlebug or another type of emobssing machine?? I would love to buy these, but really hate to buy "another" machine! Love your work!
Thanks
Dawn:)

Stefanie Staniak said...

Incredible ! Your tote with the matching notebook had to be the hit of the weekend! I'm so glad you got to join in the fun. Thanks for sharing your pictures and reports of the events.

wisteriagirl said...

Hi, would you mind sharing what colors Copic markers you used for the jar of pencils? Thank you, Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails