March 2, 2013

Project Life 2013...Week 6

First off, I'd like to report that our girls pulled off a big win last night and will be playing in the championship game of Sub State play!  Woohoo!!

Okay, on to a project.  Today I'm sharing Week 6 of my Project Life 2013.  This was a busy week as both my girls were going to Winter Ball.  I had dresses to mend, flowers to order, hair appointments to make, transportation to plan, etc.  I used my Project Life notebook to sketch out all of my photo layouts.  I didn't get to the inserts yet but those are next on my list. 
For this week, the Echo Park Photo Freedom patterned paper drew my attention.  All of products you see below were from the March Main Kit from Gossamer Blue.  The Main Kit is now sold out but you can find the patterned papers I used in the March Main Kit Paper Only.  Almost all of the March items from Gossamer Blue sold out speedy quick but quantities will be increasing monthly.  I'm really excited to be joining GB in it's growing stages and I can already see our community growing quickly.  

So that paper with the 3 x 4 and 4 x 6 cut outs was just perfect for this week's Project Life, I decided.  It was a great way to plan out a very busy week ahead of time.  
With all of the fun, coordinating embellishments like the Elle's Studio circle tags, the MME Enamel Dots, the label stickers and the small alphabet, it would be easy to add my photos and accents.  
First thing I did was cut apart that sheet of Project Life patterned paper.  I created just a few customized cards using strips of patterned paper and the rest of the pieces were just put into place.  I used Project Life grid cards as blanks, not knowing if those spaces would be filled with photos, journaling cards, etc.  It was so nice to have this week pre-planned. 
Once I had my photos I referred to my sketch to see if it would work with how I spread out the inserts.  It was pretty easy to print my photos to the sizes I needed.  Below is a photo with all the photos plopped on top of the inserts.  I love when I have lots of photos because that is always the focus of my albums + it means that it takes less time to embellish.  
Here's my finished Week 6.  First thing I notice is how colorful this week's layout it.  What a great set of kits Gossamer Blue put out this month.  I use lots of white backgrounds to offset such a colorful mix.  
The left page of my Week 6.  
The right page of Week 6.
This is my Calendar Card which features the week #, the dates of this week and some fun embellishments.  I love the sticker alphabet font from the GB Main Kit + the little Elle's Studio circle tag peeking through.  The enamel dots added in some fun dots of color too.  I had an extra photo I wanted to use that didn't fit in the main layout so I just added it here.
On to the 4 x 6 inserts.  Here I stitched a pocket which holds a printed copy of some emails Eric sent to me on the anniversary date of my brother's death.  Always a hard day to include in my albums but it's part of my life so in it goes.
Here's a photo of the girls + Charlie face timing with their Dad while he was in Las Vegas for The World of Concrete Convention.  I know, right?  We laugh too.  The repeated green letter stickers pop up all over my inserts for this week.
More from Vegas, this time we have a winner.  I added a screen shot of some texts from Eric showing me his winnings.  
My Gossamer Blue kit items before I dug into them.  The striped chipboard flag is from the MME embellishment pack from the Main Kit. More enamel dots are sprinkled here and there.
I loved this 4 x 6 piece.  So graphic with the fun arrows.  I added coordinating enamel dots to three of the arrows.  Charlie got a new bed....so far so good.
On to the 3 x 4 inserts.  I  loved this "for the record" insert but didn't really have anything specific from this week to add.  So I just typed in a little note to my family and used a sticker from the Main Kit.  On the right I used more stickers to embellish an Instagram photo.
On the left below, I simply added a photo and typewriter journaling.  On the right is a card that I created using strips of patterned paper + another circle tag from Elle's Studio.  I love those little things.
More of the same below.
Here I used the big quote bubble to capture a conversation from Josey about keeping her room clean.  Sorry to report that her room looks just like this....again....and again.  The clothes mountain gets her every time.  Since my kids are such good girls, it's just one of those things I have to overlook.  We go round and round but in the end, who cares right?  On the right is a photo of my barkin' dogs after a full day of transporting the girls around on the day of the dance.  Josey's first up do was a big hot mess and she was very upset.  We ended up finding another stylist and had a second up do done.  I can't wait to document that story in a separate insert.
That's it for this week of Project Life.  I was able to create almost 30 items with my Gossamer Blue kits this month, with lots of supplies leftover.  What I love about Gossamer Blue is that we offer general "craft kits".....not specific to any particular paper crafting love.....but there is definitely something for everyone.  All this month I'll be blogging my projects which cover Project Life, cards, and gift packaging.  So if you purchased some kit items, be sure to stop back often for some more inspiration.  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pages for this week are so lovely. Thanks for the inspiration and demonstration of using the cards from the kit and making them your own. I bought some MME cards from my scrapbook store last week but haven't used them yet. I am currently working on week 8 and it is the first week I am not using a BH core kit as the foundation. The core kit makes it easy because so many of the decisions are made for me but I am loving having new colors and patterns to use. Good luck to your sweet girls in their championship game!

Maureen said...

Sigh! Another amazing week of PL from you! I so wish I could sit and watch you create - your pages are just so fabulous!! Thank you for the continuing inspiration and your picture taking makes it so easy to see all the little details!

Stacie said...

Love the fact that you take the time to tell us all about your layouts each week! You are always my go to blog when I need an idea! I'm sure you have said it before but how do you print your tiny square pics on the 3x4 cards...love that!

365 Days of Donna said...

LOVE your pages as always! They're always so fun.

Is Charlie a Weimaraner? We have one! She eats all her beds, and she won't touch any toys or bones when she's kenneled. Sound familiar? =) We love our Ellie Mae so much, but she's a handful!!

libbywilko said...

Thanks for showing us GB products, they look bright and colourful. Always love your PL pages Michelle.

Amy said...

I just had to laugh.. My dad was in las Vegas for the same convention. All these years I never really believed there was such a thing. Now I know.
Love your pages...thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails