March 24, 2013

Longing for Spring...watering can cards

Here it is, almost the end of March and we got about 6" of snow last night.  What a way to wrap up Spring Break.  The girls are supposed to have a softball game and track meet next week....that just doesn't seem right.  

But while it's blowing and snowing outside, I'm longing for Spring down in the craft department.  I saw my collection of watering cans sitting out on the porch all covered in snow.  That sparked the idea to dig out one of my favorite Papertrey stamp sets called Garden Variety.  My good friend Melissa Phillips  developed the concepts for this set and I think of her every time I use it.  The images and sentiments are so her style.  
I used various ink pads for the watering cans and the floral images.  Some grey spray mist splattered onto the watering cans along with some of the sweet images from Garden Variety add a little more interest to the cans.  I added a little sketching to the flowers with a very soft 4B pencil.
Scalloped cut patterned paper, loopy twine, white paint spatters, machine stitching and dimensional flowers & enamel dots finish off the cards.  
 Since the resin flowers are so dimensional, I skipped the envelopes and chose Large Kraft Sacks to hold the cards.  I watercolored Small Manila Parcel Tags to use for to/from tags. They can be attached with a simple strip of coordinating Washi tape or a simple stapling to the sack.
I had such fun creating these cards.  I think I'll go dig out more flower stamp sets to work with.  I'll have a few of these up in my shop a little later on.  

If you follow me on Twitter then you know that I've been dabbling with some of my new art supplies.  I created my first art journal page and it was so much fun to just experiment with artsy supplies.  I'll be sharing that soon.....

10 comments:

Connie B said...

these are gorgeous... would love to have one... I will keep a watch on the shop!

Tami McBeain said...

Fabulous cards as always! These cards are the best I've seen done with this set, love your shabby beautiful style!

Heidi Bound said...

These are so beautiful! I have a watering can stamp and might have to break it out to do something similar. You have certainly inspired me!

Kim H. said...

Love..love... love... these cards!!! U r SOOOO talented!!!

Kim H. said...

Love..love... love... these cards!!! U r SOOOO talented!!!

Kris said...

I love these! I was just working on making spring cards today using my fave Friendship Jar sets!

Joan V said...

Gorgeous cards. I am so ready for spring, too. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

These are fantasitc cards!!!! Love them!

Unknown said...

These are fantasitc cards!!!! Love them!

Melissa said...

I adore them Mish....sweet as can be!
Melis

Related Posts with Thumbnails