November 29, 2012

Project December .....Christmas card pocket with tag flap

December is almost upon us which means times are getting exciting for those creating a December Daily type album.  If you've been following my blog within the last month, you'll know that I'm doing Project + December.  I'll be combining my Project Life and December Daily all into my Project Life album.  In December, I'll have a Page at the left of my blog where you can simply click to find all my Project December posts in one spot.  I'll be updating my blog with my Project December posts weekly as I get the pages and inserts completed.  I'll also be having lots of other fun posts including my fireplace mantel makeover inspired by an antique shop visit, the much anticipated slow cooker posts + recipes, more Christmas cards + packaging and lots more.  I hope you'll join in on the fun!

So today I have one more pocket type insert to show you that I have ready and waiting for my Project December album.  My product picks are papers, buttons and vintage images from October Afternoon's Make it Merry collection, My Mind's Eye enamel dots, red & white baker's twine, parcel tags from my shop, vintage postage stamps, Washi tapes and an 8 x 10 Project Life page protector.  
First up I trimmed the red and green plaid paper to 8 x 10.  Next I adhered vintage October Afternoon images to some parcel tags.  
I adhered them to the OA poinsettia patterned paper then stitched over all three tags.  I embellished the postcard image with my vintage stamps + a date stamp with the 2012 Christmas date.  I finished the tags up with a brad, an enamel dot and a tied button.  
Using several of the Washi tape, I adhered the tag flap section to the 8 x 10 plaid paper.  Lots of layers of Washi tape should keep the flap adhered nicely.  I might add a photo under this flap, showing the cards all displayed or perhaps a list of who sent us cards this year in a typed list format.  
I inserted the 8 x 10 portion into the 8 x 10 page protector.  The page protector is what will create the clear pocket that I'll insert all of the holiday cards we receive.  I might tuck in the cancelled postage from envelopes too for fun.  
And that's it.  I love this one and can't wait for my pages to be filled with holiday goodness.  So tell me, how are you coming along with your December Daily album?  I would love to hear about it!

12 comments:

Carol W. said...

Beautifully done! Thank you for sharing.

Rosie Lilya said...

I'm ready to go! I have to CASE this idea and some stitching and I will be ready to add Christmas goodness to my December daily! Thanks Mish

Anonymous said...

michelle, you rock. i'm new-again to scrapping, and i love pocket scrapping because the little layouts are so fun and time-efficient. plus i feel like i get to use more of my stash on one page than i would ever use on the larger traditional layouts. i love to make mini books. so i love the december daily concept but it is way too overwhelming to me. i know i'd never finish it. so when i read about your combo, i was so happy. i knew that i was going to do my regular pocket scrapping for december but hadn't thought to make the whole month "merry". thanks to you, i have a little december station and pocket cards all ready to go. woot! i hope to sit down and do some stiching and more embellishing tonight. yay!

Kristy Hansen said...

My gosh how wonderful! Love what you are doing.

Lynn L. said...

You are making a beautiful album...your ideas are great! I am not making a separate December Album but am including fun Christmas stuff in my Project Life album. Can't believe December is almost here!!!:)

corporate christmas cards said...

The most important of all the cards is the slogan inside it. Just read the quotations inside the cards and then go for it. It may be easier for you to select the best among all.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

This just tooo adorable!!!!
i love the concept!!!
tfs:)

NoraAnne said...

So cute :) I love this idea! Your posts are always so inspiring.

JennyKozar said...

This is a great idea! I love it.

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are getting thoughts from this article as well as from our argument made here.
My web-site ; borkum Riff

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails