November 19, 2012

Project December...4 x 6 insert cards + Week in Review cards

Hi and welcome back today.  I'm sharing more of my Project December pieces.  Project December is my combination of Project Life and a Daily December.  I'll be uniting both in my ongoing Project Life album.  The fun all starts in December but I've got lots more to share so stay tuned for more fun projects.  

First up today is a bunch of stamped pieces that I have in a little tin.  I'll be reaching for these when I need to add a little something to an insert or photo.  Most of these stamps are from Ali Edwards' collections from Technique Tuesday.  You can find the Daily December set and the December Joys set at this link.  I also will be using a lot of the Story Cards that you'll find at that link too.  Love those!
Next I have my Week in Review cards for all the weeks of December already made. I used 3 x 4 cards from the awesome Gossamer Blue December Daily 2012 kit.  The 3 x 4 cards were cut from this sheet of This & That paper from Echo Park.  I stamped them all with the word December of some sort.  I also stitched on a manila tag with red thread to each card.  I will run these through my vintage typewriter to get a recap of the week's happenings.  So happy that these are all ready to go. 
Next up I have some 4 x 6 inserts that I'll be using for my regular Project Life weeks in December + these may wind up on a bigger scrapped page or in other divided inserts.  These might also become my weekly title inserts...like Week 50, 51, etc.  These inserts were made by simply stitching smaller journaling type cards or accents to already made 4 x 6 cards.  I used the Be Merry Journaling Cards from Elle's Studio.  Be sure to check out Elle's other lineup of holiday products.  I think I have one of everything in my stash.  Stay tuned to Elle's blog all of December.  I'll be joining a great lineup of guest designers that will be sharing our holiday projects using Elle's goodies.  
I also used Studio Calico's Wonderland journaling cards with the link right here.  I also used lots of October Afternoon Make it Merry collection pieces, including the Make a Card paper, the Make a List paper and lots of the little tidbits from various packages.  You can find the entire Make it Merry collection right here.  This is probably my favorite holiday collection of items ever!  And there's just about every kind of accent you would want from tin pins, to Washi tape to buttons to papers.  It's that good.
So how I went about creating my 4 x 6 cards was I just rummaged through my accents and matched up papers to the 4 x 6 cards.  I didn't think it over too much, I just grabbed pieces and started stitching them on.  Some of these cards will have tiny Instagram photos on them, some will be used just for journaling and some may have just the weekly dates on them with maybe some chipboard letters.  
Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be back lots this week with more creations from my Project December.  :)  Oh and I went junkin' again, this time with the hubs and my littlest red.  It was holiday magic all over the place and I totally got some great inspiration for a holiday mantel.  I'll show you my inspiration photo from the antique shop and the finds I got to match + a trendy vintage item that I keep seeing pop up everywhere. Coming soon...

8 comments:

Juanita said...

Love this! I have decided to combine my DD with my PL this year. I think you have the right idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rebecca said...

I don't think I've ever actually commented, but I'm usually dashing over to your shop every time you have an updated....but seriously - your preparations for December are so cute!

Monica said...

You are crazy talented my friend.

Mommamoonrn@yahoo.com said...

Love your site. Discovered it a couple days ago. I get so much inspration here. How was the word December cut out or was that a prebought item?

Mommamoonrn@yahoo.com said...

I guess i should specify which December word...the one in the last picture. It looks cut out.

Unknown said...

Love them all! I just like looking at all this eye candy that you have created. What great inspiration. I am going to follow your lead and make some that are similar for my DD.
My OA order should be here in a couple of days. In the meantime I am using last years Christmas OA products.
Thank you for posting all the great pictures. You are the best!-- Diana F.

Roxy said...

Ok so I've been browsing your blog and all I can say is WOW! I'm officially hooked, you have so many great ideas and your tutorials make me this, hmmm I could do something like that. Your blog makes me want to go and scrapbook now! I love your idea for DD, this is my first time working on one and opted to go with a mini book however if that doesn't work out for me I know i have other options. Thanks!

Tess Lord said...

Drooling.. both over the creativity and pretty papers, and how well prepared you are for December to start in 5 days!!

What red ink are you using??????

Related Posts with Thumbnails