November 2, 2012

2012 Holiday Planner

Thank you all for the nice notes on my post yesterday.  If you're like me then you're hoping that this year the holidays are relaxing, stress free and that you get the hustle and bustle out of the way early.  We say this every year, right?  Well, why don't we make it happen then?  I'm going to do my best.  

To kick off the holiday season, I always like to make a Holiday Planner for me, my friends and family. You can scroll through my "notebooks" posts and see more planners I've made over the years.  These below are the first of my Holiday Planners for this year.  My sister is back in town tomorrow and we're dropping everything to head to the city for a little junkin'.  We just talked yesterday about how we don't need another thing.  However, our conversation ended with a junkin' date to one of my favorite places.  
These Holiday Planners are the perfect size to tuck into a bag.  I am never without mine until well after the holidays are over.  I use them for gift lists, grocery lists, party planners, projects, Christmas card lists, etc.  Everyone that receives one absolutely loves it.  
I use two lined Papertrey notebooks for my Holiday Planners, so double the list making.  The supplies used for my notebooks came straight from my December Daily stash that I'll be sharing soon.  So you get a good feel here at what my Daily December will be like this  year.  I used papers from Studio Calico (top red) and October Afternoon (holly).  Medium Manila Parcel Tag is from my shop along with the vintage buttons. "December Notes" stamp is from Elle's Studio's Exclusive Christmas Stamp.  Flair buttons are from October Afternoon as is the brown mist.  Diagonal stripe stamp and gold/hemp twine are from the Gossamer Blue December Daily collection of items.  Yellow stripe washi is from My Mind's Eye. Small staples are from my Tiny Tim attacher.
I hope you'll be inspired to create a Holiday Planner of your own.  It's a great way to kick off the holiday season.

I came across this pin on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect if I could follow this rule.  I'm going to make a list for the girls to fill in with these 4 things.  I'll probably get back some front and back filled list with a request for more line items but hey it's worth a shot, right?  I really love this idea though.
(pinned here)
Speaking of making lists, how about I list a few things that I'd love to share this holiday season.  Here goes.....

1.  holiday home decor
2.  junkin' finds
3.  my new love of slow cooking and my meal planning system
4.  sewing and quilting
5.  Pinterest projects
6.  food as gifts...canning, baking
7.  housewarming ideas
8.  a new acquisition that makes me so happy....road trip anyone?
9.  Daily December and Project Life albums....this has been in the works for over a month so I have high hopes to complete both this year in a timely fashion
10. good books
11. cards as gifts/Christmas cards

We'll see how many items on the list make it to the blog.  I'm pretty excited to share some new things with you.  Thanks for stopping by.  I've got my list made for today and ow I'm off to shop.  Check.  

20 comments:

Linda said...

Your post today reminds me that I need to get busy on making more notebooks. I absolutely love them. I look forward to all you have to share with us this holiday season. Hope you'll share your cards too.

KAREN said...

Cannot wait to see what all you have planned. Hurricane Sandy has set me back a bit. But my goal this year is also less stress! Looking forward to what you have in store for us.

Dawn Gross said...

I just dug out my holiday planner from last year! Looking forward to your holiday posts!

Gail S. said...

I made Christmas Planners last year for the first time. Helpful! I love your list...many items on there are just exactly what I want to get done. Thanks for sharing, can't wait for the days ahead.

Kirsten said...

So inspiring - I need to learn to plan outside of my head....inevitably something gets forgotten, and it only adds to my everyday stress. I've been lurking off and on here for ages, but had to pop out to say I love your planners and would love to see anything on your holiday season sharing list!

Kirsten said...

So inspiring - I need to learn to plan outside of my head....inevitably something gets forgotten, and it only adds to my everyday stress. I've been lurking off and on here for ages, but had to pop out to say I love your planners and would love to see anything on your holiday season sharing list!

Nathalie said...

I love this idea and your notebooks are awesome! TFS!

crazymom said...

I better get to work on my planner! You've been my inspiration for years. I cant wait for your blog inspiration to continue this holiday season. Love my crock pot meals too!!

cjgusloff57 said...

Oh darn, now I want to make those notebooks! Just as cute as they can be. I have three generic ones done but no Christmas yet. I think I am behind already! My scale is in my kitchen with a small pumpkin on top of it, a small yellow ware bowl and an enamel turkey plate beside it. Guess it didn't come to visit you..LOL! Happy junk'n.

Robin said...

I always adore your notebooks!! Looking forward to your holiday posts and esp the slow cooker ones!!
Robin

Melissa said...

Just the sweetest things Mish. Love them!
Melis

Anne said...

Love the holiday posts. A little cosy blogtime for the Winter. Great idea. LOVE the new blog banner.

Isabel Z said...

I love your list of 11 things to share on your blog and hope that most of them make it on because you always inspire me and brighten my days. Thank you and blessings to you and your loved ones.

Unknown said...

I squealed like a girl when I saw that this post was about your wonderful holiday planners! Yah! I started making these years ago when you first started posting these and now my friends request them. At Thanksgiving I have several made to give to friends b/c after dinner we are talking of plotting and planning for Christmas and they want a planner! It has just become a tradition. I wrap them up in pretty packaging, include a pen, cute tag with stamping and embellishments, love. I have my notepads laying out beside me here at my craft desk ready to start them this weekend. Thank you for your ongoing inspiration and blogging about your notebooks/planners. I cannot wait to see posts about your list, so excited! Diana F.

alexandra s.m. said...

Lovely!
it has to be my fav' collection this year...thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Ditto everything Robin said, although we're heading in to summer over here i'll be taking notes on your slow cooker posts for next winter.

Pam said...

I love your blog and can't wait for each new post. What OA line has the bird flair buttons? So cute

Lori Gentile said...

These are gorgeous!!! Wow!

Dortesjs said...

awww gorgeous planner you will have

Me, My Stamps and I said...

these notebooks are just tooo precious!!!!love the vintage feel!!!!
tfs:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails