Hey there, thanks for joining me today. I first want to say thank you to everyone who takes the time to leave comments. I see that I get a LOT of pins to Pinterest boards so I know you are visiting my blog. For those of you who make a special effort to leave me a note, I sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness. There are a few questions that need answered so I'm going to go back through my posts, make notes and come back soon with your answers. :)
So for those that celebrate Thanksgiving, are you getting all prepared? We are staying close to home because the girls have basketball practices and that is just fine with us. We'll be going to both our folks' homes for 2 separate dinners. I'm bringing crock pot goodness to one dinner (I'll be sharing my slow cooker adventures in December) and I need a dessert for the second dinner. Good times!
Today I have some simply 5 x7 inserts to share for my Project December. These are very, very simple right now but I have to say having these done ahead of time makes me very happy. The possibilities for these inserts is just endless. Let me share my thoughts.....
1. Use the inserts as shown below with Project Life 4 x 6 and 3 x 4 gird journaling cards. I could place a tiny Instagram photo on the grid cards and then tell a story. Or just tell a longer story then add embellishments, etc.
2. 4 x 6 photos that I want to highlight might be added to the insert. I could use my Phonto phone app to add journaling to the photo, then print and plop on the 5 x7 insert.
3. I could add 2 small square collages of photos that I create using my Diptic phone app. A nice little page to add more photos if needed.
4. These could be used as photo or journaling mats and be added to a larger 8.5 x 11 size layout.
5. I could stitch vellum over the insert to create a small pocket to hold movie tickets or perhaps a series of photos that I don't want to take up too much space.
6. I could create a running list....for example, I could keep track of all of the holiday movies we watch, or all of my slow cooker meals during the month of December or a running calendar which becomes a month in review somewhat like my week in review inserts.
7. One of these could be the very first insert in my December pages and could be used as a title page. I could make a title that says something like "Holiday Happenings" or "December Events" and create some journaling that tells that I'll be adding in December events in with my Project Life pages.
8. I could create recipe cards with these inserts, using my vintage typewriter to type up the recipe and then embellish the recipe card like I've done in the past.
Okay, I'm off to find that perfect dessert for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I'll be sharing a fun Thanksgiving card, October Afternoon style. Then all next week I'll be sharing the rest of my Project December ideas. Thanks for stopping by. :)