May 31, 2011

Scattered Showers Revisited

Today I'm revisiting an older Papertrey Ink stamp set called Scattered Showers along with its companion set Scattered Showers Additions. I love that the images and sentiments from both of these sets can be used for rainy day or sunshine-y types of projects. With all the storms we've had lately I thought a sunshine-y type card was much needed.
It's fun to pair our older Papertrey stamp sets with new products. Using embossing powder, I heat embossed both the sunshine image and the umbrella topper. A text block from Green Boutique was used at the base for the umbrella.
For the sentiment I used the yellow swirl paper from Pretty Pastels, snipping the ends to form a notched flag. Along the bottom of the card I used one of my favorite border dies, Simple Circles. I punched smaller circles of patterned paper from my stash basket and then topped the circles with twine tied Vintage Buttons. The base card of Rustic White was splattered with yellow spray mist.
Brown machine stitching and small scalloped cut scraps finish off the card. I love adding little snippets onto my projects that are just lying around on my desk.
Hope you enjoy my new project. I found a few of my previous projects made from Scattered Showers that you can see here.

Feel free to check out the rest of the Nichole's + the Senior Papertrey team's projects for today:

9 comments:

Gabby said...

Such a pretty card! The embossed sun and umbrella are great colors and so shiny. The stamp/paper combination is unexpected and so neat. I absolutely love what you did with the circle border, add'tl circles and buttons! Such a nice card! :)

Diane said...

Wonderful card...love the colors, the buttons..everything...makes me want to go and create something right now....would love to have you come visit my blog and see my Memorial Day Papertrey creation!!!

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Another beautiful card! Love the color combination.

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Beautiful card, Mish! Thanks for using some of the old paper as well as the stamps. Those papers are now on my list. LOVE them. I also like the buttons on the simple circle border ~ so cute!
Thanks for sharing
Susan

José said...

What an amazing card! I love all the elements on it! Wonderful combinations and colors! Seriously need those new stamp sets!
Jose

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as can be...I just love your style!!!

Alicia said...

So cute! Love the embossing on the umbrella.

Helen L said...

So pretty: you always have such a sweet and delicate touch. I love your creations!!

Diana F. said...

I love this card, right now I love anything that has yellow on it, I guess I am still craving the sun and summer. It is so good to see you back to regular blogging again. You are like a breath of fresh air. Thank you for keeping us creative and inspired.

Related Posts with Thumbnails