May 4, 2011

Fabric on tags...part 2

Hi there. Back today with another project using items from the Earthy Flower Fabric Kit that I had in my Etsy shop this week. Today I'm highlighting some fun techniques I used on the butterfly tag shown on the left in the photo below. In the kit there is a chipboard butterfly that I die cut using Papertrey dies. I sprayed the chipboard piece with Mister Huey spray ink. To fancy up the butterfly a bit more for my tag, I stamped a doily image from a My Mind's Eye stamp set on the butterfly. I love this look.
In the kit there is also a package of natural colored, mini wooden spools. I took a few and spray painted them for my project. I'm using Melissa Phillips' favorite color..I think it's called celery. I threaded some twine through the spool and used this as the body for my butterfly. I also edged the butterfly with glue and sprinkled on some German glass glitter for extra sparklage.
This tag will be used on a brown paper sack to house cards or small gift. I'll keep this in my stash basket for future use. Love having little gift sacks on hand. Sacks like this are perfect for fat quarters too if you need a gift for someone who sews or crafts. I sprayed my sack with white Mister Huey ink. Next I used Washi tape to adhere the tag. Using the fat cotton twine in the kit, I looped the ends and then secured with a strip of tape.
By keeping the tag and sack plain, with no stamped name, the recipient can re-use the sack and tag for more gift giving.....or if the recipient is a crafter, she can use the tag on a card or another project. Recycling at it's best. :) Enjoy!
For the rest of the week: Company coming for the weekend. We'll be celebrating Mother's Day + Josey's graduation from 8th grade + attending track meets. I'll be squeezing in Papertrey work in between all the hustle and bustle. So if it gets quiet here on the blog, it's just life happening. :) Take care, friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute tag! I love the doily-stamped butterfly ;)
Thanks for the inspiration, hugs, Ruth S

Lynn said...

love that butterfly w/the spool!

Diana F. said...

I finally found a site that still has these stamps in stock. I fell in love with them on Nicole Magouirk's blog. Great idea to stamp them on die cut butterflies.
You have the best idea's and I cannot wait to see what you have for us with the new PTI releases.

Carolyn said...

That butterfly with the spool is so cute! Very inspiring!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Diana said...

You have inspired me so much with these last two posts!

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, sweetie!

Debbi said...

Love these, Mish!!! The butterflies are adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails