May 19, 2011

A few favorites on my birthday..

Hi friends. I've taken a few days after the Papertrey release this month just to re-group and wind down after a whirl wind of a month. The girls' last day of school is tomorrow...so today I'm soaking in the last few days of a quiet house. After that I am looking forward to having my girls at home for the summer. I LOVE having them at home all day.

I don't have anything crafty to show that I've made recently but I thought since it's my birthday today I have to post something, right? I thought a few of my favorite photos would be nice to share today, in random order:

My favorite redheads. Josey and Jordan at Josey's 8th grade graduation last week. I am so proud to be their mother. No short shorts or heavy eye liner needed to show their outer beauty. Only an *I love you, Mom* needed for me to see their inner beauty.
Now a few favorites from my Pinterest site........so many to choose from. All photo credits are linked on my pins at my Pinterest site.

From my organization board.......a wonderful framed corkboard for visual inspiration.
From my vintage finds board......a pretty Jadeite green cart filled with pretty papers. I am hoping to make a liner for a few of mine soon and fill with vintage wallpaper rolls that I've been collecting.
From my airstream love board....oh how I would love an airstream camper, complete with vintage finds, cute table settings, old quits...and a dog. :) To fit in that bikini would be nice too!
From my crafty spaces board.....a lovely crafty studio with soft lighting....and uncluttered.
From my paper crafting board........this wonderful display with vintage ruler, milk glass vases, that to die for truck, and a garland made from old postage marks.
From my blog board.....a softy and shabby card complete with lined envelope + small note with clothespin. I need to send more cards, how about you?
From my tablescapes board.....an old wooden table table covered with lace linens, mixy match chairs, flowers and garlands of vintage handkerchiefs. Wouldn't you love your fresh squeezed orange juice to come from here?
From my food finds board....pink lemonade with all the fixin's.
From my simply sewing board....quilts and more quilts. Definitely on my list of to do items for the summer.
From my quotes and sayings board....I've been going back to this one a lot. Seems there are people everywhere that like to knock others down. From work, from the girls' school, from life in general. I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

From my scrapbooking board.....wonderful page layouts from the most creative people ever. I'm loving these page starters from Sassafras lately.
From my Project Life board.....still going strong, still loving it. This simple little sucker wrapper from Lisa Truesdell's pages just melted my heart. Wouldn't you love to be able to touch a sucker wrapper from when you were a kid?
From my pretty little places board...... to walk through the woods and find this?!! Makes me want to build something out of nothing with the girls in the back timber this summer. Maybe a cute fairy house would be more our scale.
And lastly my favorite thing said to me today...Eric called to ask what I was doing for my special day. I told him I was working on my Project Life album. He replied something like this...."You know, that's pretty special what you do. To see all the scrapbooks you had laid out for Josey's graduation party was really neat." And that is why I scrapbook, friends.

I hope you all have a great day and an AWESOME summer. I'll be back into my crafty goodness really soon so stay tuned to some fun projects, new Etsy items and some fun new features on the blog.

73 comments:

Eveline said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. Have a brilliant day and a brilliant summer.
Eveline.

Natalie Winterstein said...

Happy Birthday Mish! :) The quote form Eric made MY heart melt, so I can imagine how nice that was to hear! Have a good one.

Geny said...

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your day!!

Annabelle said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many blessings and enjoy your day. Thanks for letting us be a part of your life.

Patti J said...

The reds get more beautiful by the day! They are both so poised and confident, and always look very happy - you and DH are wonderful parents, and what wonderful memories you are creating, and then scapping for them to have many years from now. I agree, "what you do is pretty special". My DH is my #1 fan, too, and I appreciate his understanding my love of all things paper!!! Love your Pinterest boards, dear friend - I can see you in each of them! Can't wait to see your princess house later this summer! Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your peace and quiet - I'm sure you will create something lovely like the card and envie you posted today! Hugs...

Jean Franks Beck said...

Happy Birthday, Mish! Thanks for sharing your day with us, and all those inspirational photos. :)

Cathy Weber said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. I loved your post today with all that inspiration. Your husband's sweet comment must have made your day.

Lisa Elton said...

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays and sending blessings your way. Looking at your blog post today was just the dreamiest of moments!! THANKS!!!

José said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Hope you got some rest. Enjoyed all the photo's you showed us.
Have a great summer too.
Jose

Lynda said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Have a wonderful summer - looking forward to more of your beautiful projects!

Alicia K said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!

Love all your favorites! Thanks for always being such a wonderful creative inspiration.

Betty said...

Happy Birthday Mish! It's no wonder I love your blog and all your vintage "stuff" - we share the same day for a birthday. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy!! - Glad you are back - I worried that you might be ill - Glow in the love of your family - Sweet REDS.

Barbara in Bellflower

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday!! So glad you are spending it doing something you love!!

BethieJ said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy your day! THANKS for sharing the photos with us!
LUCKY almost summer for you.. we have a month of school yet here WA. State! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Moi said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you and may you have many more. And treat yourself today. Your girls are gorgeous.

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday! :)

Karen C. said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle. Hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing a little bit of your special day with us.

Heather Rogers said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. All the pictures are wonderful. :)

Kathy W said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for all the inspiration that you and your blog provide. Enjoy your quiet today and having your girls home starting tomorrow.

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday! What your husband said is so sweet. It is great when we are appreciated for those things we do for our loved ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your cards and vintage goodies. Have a great day!
Cindy from Prairie's Edge Farm

Deirdre said...

Michelle,

Happy Birthday to you, enjoy your day.

wendy said...

Happy Birthday !!!!

Sheryl in NM said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Michelle! Enjoy your wonderful family. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration!

Cele Schaffer said...

Happy,Happy Birthday to You! I hope you have a grand time! Love all the pictures-wouldn't it be fun to curl up and read a book in that treehouse?? We miss your creations only because we look so forward to them every day. Looking for some summer (more seed packets and button cards) and July 4th inspiration...just sayin... LOL Cele

angelina said...

Mish!! Feliz cumpleaños!! from Mexico!! I wish you the very best, all the inspiration and just the very best for this day! Blessings and Hugs. Viva Michelle!!

Verona said...

Thanks for sharing your favorites with us today. Happy Birthday to a talented lady who also has a special husband and such cute daughters. You are blessed.

Gena said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your special day! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy Birthday Michelle, here's to a wonderful year.

Kathi said...

Happy Birthday...have a wonderful day!

Betty Sue said...

Hope you are having a beautiful day filled with beautiful things, beautiful people and beautiful CAKE!!

Ally said...

Happy Birthday Mish! Love all the beautiful and oh, so inspiring pics you've posted today.

Andrea R said...

Have a happy birthday Michelle. Enjoy your day and your summer with your girls.

Kelly G said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!

Anne said...

Ah that was a lovely post. Happy Birthday to you and a great new year.

Barbara Axmacher said...

Happy Birthday. Good for you for taking "time off" to enjoy the everyday.

Unknown said...

happy birthday. i hope that you have a great day.

Cindy Holshouser said...

Happy birthday Michelle. Enjoy every minute:)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a wonderful and blessed day. Happy Birthday to you! Robin B arwacz

Tami McBeain said...

Happy Birthday Mishy! Hope that you're having a blessed day! Your sweet girls are growing up, what a beautiful picture of them! I love your pintrest pics, I grew up traveling around with my Grandparents in their Airstream trailer so I have a very special place in my heart for them, so many wonderful memories!

Laura Isham said...

Happy happy birthday, Michelle. I hope that you are enjoying your day. Thank you for sharing a part of your day on your blog.

Margi Mae said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday! Your family is just lovely.
Loved all your post, especially that truck. I have a jadeite green kitchen and I have been looking for a red truck just like it. When I find it I will fill the bed of the truck with buttons, then I will stand back and enjoy the cuteness!

SuZeQ said...

Have a beautiful birthday. Celebrate BIG.

Karen B said...

Happy Birthday! May all of your wishes and dreams come true!

Anne Tussing said...

Happy Birthday, Mish! Thanks for all your inspiration and crafty, vintage love:)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Mish! Hope it was great.

Priscilla

Shirlann said...

Thanks so much for sharing in all you do! Happy Birthday and may your year be filled with light, laughter and love!

Gail S. said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Kristy Hansenwi said...

Happy Birthday--thank you for always sharing your work and inspiration. Hope you day was great and now enjoy the summer days. ksh

wanda50 said...

Happy Birthday Mish...Hope you have had a great day. Enjoy your girls...they grow up so fast! May you have many memories of your times together and a great summer ahead. Wanda

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Loved all of your pictures but I LOVED Erics comment. I love it when we are noticed for our hard work to sear memories into our families minds!
Love ya my Kansas friend!
Hope your day was great
Susan

Diana F. said...

I loved hearing from you today and getting an update. I love all your Pinterest boards, it is so addicting.
Happy Birthday to you!

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday! I love that Eric appreciates your scrapbooking. My husband still doesn't quite get it, but that is okay. It is important to me and at some point down the line someone (even if it is great grandkids) will appreciate the family history.

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing all your great ideas!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Happy Birthday! I love that quote, and I think your husband is pretty awesome to not only notice your scrapbooks, but say something so great about your hobby! And what awesome girls you have... I hope when mine are teenagers they are just as sweet - you've got lots to be proud of!! :)

Margaret S. Romero said...

Happy Birthday, Mish!! Hope you had a wonderful day! That comment from Eric was just about as goog as it can get!! Give him a great big hug for it!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Michelle.
Thank you for the inspiration you give us in Blog Land.I think you are one lucky lady to see the simple things that give you so much pleasure.
Hurry back soon please....I look every day and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a happy, happy birthday across the miles Mish, and a truly wonderful year ahead!

Jo R. (Australia)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Michelle - great to hear about happy times with your family!
J & J are so beautiful... you are right to be proud of them ;)
Lovely memories, hugs, Ruth S

kbhistory said...

I hope your birthday was extra special. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos! Enjoy your last day of quiet...and then enjoy your girls!!! Love summer! And I love your blog - always full of inspiration and thoughtfulness!
-Kristin B.

Cindy Lyles said...

Happy Birthday - I loved today's post and Eric's comment - hope your day is incredibly special, just like you!!! xoxo Cindy

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Happy, happy birthday. So glad you're taking time to enjoy your lovely girls. How wonderful that that Eric 'gets it' and supports your endeavors. Many more.

Heidi Gonzales said...

Michelle-

Happy Birthday to YOU!! Lucky you to be able to do what you love and have so many others love what you do! Happy day and life to you-you always bring a smile to my face with your creativity and inspiration! :)

Donna K said...

Happy, happy day to you. I hope you get to do exactly what you want today. What a happy, sweet family you have - a reflection of how you live your life.

Connie Pruitt said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Helen said...

wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, from a fan from St.Louis, loving stopping by your blog everyday and checking out what you have new for us, and you never disappoint. Have an incredible day.

Helen

Dianne said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Rachel Schumacher said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! Hope your day is wonderful - like you!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope all the fun and beauty you give us in your blog comes back to you 1,000 times over. Your girls are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday, Mish - hope you had a great day! May this coming year be your best yet!

Leslie Deering said...

Happy Birthday I look fprward to your blog everyday it is just so beautiful and makes me always feel so darn happy !

Andrea said...

Mish - I hope you had a wonderful birthday. That sentiment from your husband brought tears to my eyes. To do what you love and to have him understand it and how precious it is is a beautiful thing!

Funny Sayings and Quotes said...

Lovely. Happy Birthday

Related Posts with Thumbnails