June 26, 2010

Scrapbook page topper...

Oh boy, do I love to scrapbook. I don't know why I don't fit it into my paper crafting more. I think it takes on a craft of it's own separate from the card making at times. But when I dig into my photos and scrapbooks, I am one happy camper. Months back, I had enough photos of Josey and her friend straightening Jordan's hair that I needed more than my 365 Daily Album single photo for the day.

I used some blended scrapbook methods(combining traditional scrapbook with divided page protectors where you just slip in photos) for a quick(er) layout than a full two page traditional layout.

I love scrapbooking kits. For this layout I chose a scrapbook pad and some matching embellishments from We R Memory Keepers.
Love these textured tags and borders, etc that go along with it. Makes for easy accents.
For the page protectors I chose, I only needed a topper portion since my photos were going into the other slots. I chopped a sheet of 12 x 12 paper down to fit my toppers. The decorations were mostly complete since the paper had a nice pattern to it.
I simply added some computer generated journaling and fancied up the patterns with some Papertrey stamps. For the loopy half circles, I used Pine's Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs stamp set. A perfect fit.
Next, I took one of the pre-made tags with the butterfly image and added a strip of paper with the *good times* sentiment from the tabs set stamped on it. I also added a rainbow striped paper that I die cut with the Small Scalloped Border die. A snippet of Terracotta Tile Bitty Dot Satin Ribbon finished of the tag nicely. A perfect little accent with just a few fancifications.
The finished page blends in nicely with the look of my 365 Daily Album. The page on the right is my first page....
....and the page on the left is my second page. I added it on the next page because that's how it fit. Sure I'd rather have them side by side, but this is what works layout wise so I just rolled with it.
By the way, if you happen to zoom in on the photos, here's the story: Josey and her friend Megan wanted to straighten Jordan's oh so curly hair. She reluctantly let them and it looked adorable. Jordan hated it and made sour puss faces in every photo I took. Good times....great memories. That's why I love the scrapbooking so much. Gotta get some more scrappin' dates on my calendar. Yoohooooo........Carmen????

5 comments:

Anne Tussing said...

Love how you "fancied up" the embellies!

Cindy said...

I love it! Glad you left us with some of your posts while you are away!

Debbie R. said...

Great scrapbook pages! I bought some of these divided page protectors after seeing you use them last year on your blog. They are perfect to put a page together quickly and still look good. Thanks for your inspiration!

mamajulie said...

What a woman! Not only do you post nearly every day, but you also post while doing other things. It's magic. I'm not much of a scrapper, but the divided page idea makes it seem not so overwhelming. I may try it!

Jodie said...

Love the scrap booking pages. I haven't seen the divided page protectors before do you remember were you got them from? I would love to put together some albums like this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails