June 18, 2010

Introducing Button Cuttin' Tags...

TGIF friends. Today I have something new to show you that I'll be carrying in my Etsy shop soon. Jordan helped me name them...they're called Button Cuttin' Tags. I've taken Medium Parcel Tags and embellished them with fun October Afternoon patterned papers, stitched on buttons, tiny embroidered flowers and machine stitching.

Very cute by themselves to use on cards, scrapbook pages, or to tie on a gift.
But the sole purpose of my Button Cuttin' Tags is to cut them apart to use on projects. You can see in the photo below how I've cut apart my tag into three separate pieces. You can cut those pieces into even smaller parts if you wish.
Then, you can use the cut apart pieces to embellish more Medium Parcel Tags, Small Parcel Tags, Carnival Tickets, etc. Or could use them on scrapbook pages, card fronts, etc.
I've got my Etsy shop is now refilled with all of my tags and tickets...lots of colors and sizes available.
And how about a cute project using one of the cut up pieces from my samples above? I didn't get a chance to use the cute, new teapot die from Papertrey so it's front and center on my card today. I love the fresh blue and yellow colors of the October Afternoon patterned paper. My friend Cindy from Starlit Studio has an excellent selection in her online shop HERE.
You can see from this angle in the photo below, that I took the top portion of my Button Cuttin' Tag which has the angles and the tag hole.....and placed it on a Medium Yellow Parcel Tag. This created two layers that I could thread my ribbon through for a fun look on my card.
I used Papertrey's Vintage Cream Luxe Satin Ribbon to create a pretty bow at the top of my layered tag. I also added a Tiny Tag from my Etsy shop that is layered with a tiny snippet of October Afternoon gingham paper that is stamped with the *Friend Blend* sentiment from Tea for Two Additions. Such a great little companion set for Tea for Two.
The chubby little teapot was first die cut with the new teapot die from the Tea for Two Collection. Come to mama....this die takes the Tea for Two set to a whole new level, don't you think! I colored my teapot with Copic markers to get a wonderful blended look. I then stamped my colored image with Vintage Cream ink using Polka Dot Basics II. What a cutie pie tea pot I have now. The *Thinking of You* sentiment is from Tea for Two Additions...I just stamped it onto patterned paper and then cut it apart. Oh how I love this pretty little card. Makes me want to have a tea party....and I don't even drink tea. Maybe I should start.
Know a tea drinker? I think these adorable silver plate cream and sugar sets would be a wonderful gift....along with a beautiful card and maybe a pretty doily. It's a tea party in the making. You can find these sugar and creamer sets along with teapots galore at auctions, thrift stores and on Ebay...probably Etsy too. And I like the somewhat tarnished look to them so I don't polish them up. It gives them that vintage, aged character. Jordan and I recently used our sugar and creamer for strawberries and sugar. If you think outside the box, these little gems can hold any kind of condiment or party fixins.
Enjoy!! My sister is coming for the weekend so I've got to get a movin' and shakin' around here.

Note: Look for the Button Cuttin' Tags in my Etsy shop soon......I may not get them up til Monday now since my sister is coming. We've got a good auction to hit. :)

11 comments:

Margarita Ybarra said...

LOVE the card and the button cuttin tags. You always do such awesome projects!!!

ElleKasban said...

I have been using tags to create for months now and love your invisions! The TEA for TWO set is a must have! Are you sure we don't have the same creative brain? lol ElleK

Shirlann said...

I just put in an etsy order from you...wonderful colors and ideas for the button cuttin tags! Absolutely love your creativity!! Happy weekend!

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful card, Mish!

Carol W. said...

Beautiful card Mish!!! Thanks for the info on Starlit Studio, I ordered Thrift Shop, Fly a Kite, and Farm Fresh October Afternoon papers and received them in two days! I'm very impressed with Cindy and her store, I plan to purchase from them again very soon!

patriciad said...

Cute as a button-literally!

Cele Schaffer said...

I just have to tell you that you are awesome!!!! I SO look forward EVERY day to see what you have created and the story that goes with it!! Please don't ever stop-I have a feeling your daughters may start doing their own blogs or could do yours for you! You are the best inspiration.

Lin said...

What a cute idea! And I love your aqua and yellow card - beautiful!

Alice said...

beautiful card! love the colors and i love the idea of the cutting tags! so fun!

Cindy said...

Oh Mish, I love everything you create. I just want to make stuff today, but the house needs cleaned and there is yard work to get done. Thanks for sharing, and keep it up!

Katherine said...

I made my first purchase from your Etsy store. A combination of parcel tags and carnival tickets in some truly yummy colors.

So excited, can't wait to received it.

BTW....
Is the Papertrey Anniversary set going to be available for purchase at all? Just thought you might know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails