June 29, 2010

Pink Apron Button Card

Hey friends. I'm back from sunny Phoenix. My dad and I had a great time visiting relatives.

Here I am back in the Artsy Studio. And today I got the most fun little package from Karen Lockhart. Immediately, I had to create something with the pretty little Daisy Apron stamp. Recently I've divided all of my vintage finds by color. So I reached for my pink basket and found some wonderful laces that are used for lingerie, pretty pink buttons, fake pearls, seam binding and more. Be sure to check my Etsy shop soon for some kits that have a wonderful sampling of some of these goodies.
In the meantime, how about a pretty little project? I stamped the apron with Palette Black Noir ink and allowed my images to sit for little while. This helps to prevent bleeding with coloring with Copics. I then colored the apron using the colors shown below. I kept the apron all pink, just using various shades to add depth and dimension to the apron folds. The E21 marker was used to outline the apron image and a little bit on the apron hem.
Next up, I masked my stamped apron and then used Papertrey background stamps to create a subtle pink and tan background as you can see on the left in the photo below.
I finished off my card with machine stitching, vintage buttons, ivory lace and a Tiny Tag from my Etsy shop.
Such a pretty little, homemade button card that will make a nice finishing touch to a tin full of pink and lacey goodies. I tied the tin up with pink tulle and a button. All ready to be packaged up in a bright pink sack.
Enjoy!

14 comments:

Anita said...

Could that be any cuter!?! Nope, it couldn't! :)

Heather Rogers said...

Love how you did the background. That just makes the tag! And I love pink! So we have a winner. :)

Debbie said...

GOR-JUS, Mish! I {heart} all that frilliness, pink and vintage charm :)

Donna K said...

Pink and vintage - two of my favorite things. Really cute card. I love those aprons from Karen Lockhart - plus almost anything else she does.

Karen said...

You always know how to take a little gift from nice to fabulous. That apron stamp is so sweet and your colors are perfect.

kinderdi said...

Oh my gosh that is so cool!! I love it!

Kristy Hansenwi said...

I am so glad I got in on this--last one. :) can't wait to get that in the mail. It is so darn cute! kh

Alice said...

this is so sweet! i love the stamped background! just the perfect touch!

Alyssa B said...

some one else seems to be having a love affair with glass jars...
http://heatherbullard.typepad.com/heather_bullard_collectio/2010/06/my-latest-obsession.html

Dana Gustafson said...

So adorable Mish! Love the background you built too!

Joy said...

These are the sweetest creations, sheer perfection, I love them, gorgeous! :)

Michelle said...

OMG I am so in love with this card! It's soo gorgeous. I am in love love love with that awesome Apron. I love how versatile you make images look.

Betsy said...

Absolutely love that apron card! Can I have it???
You amaze me with your talent and I love seeing what your creative mind comes up with next.
Love that joyous spirit of yours too; it makes me smile!

dolcreations said...

I love it Mish!!! I just saw your card ran to the Ellen Hutson site placed an order, now I have come back to place a comment on your blog!!LOL I love it..so vintage so gorgeous! Your the best girl!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails