August 27, 2009

Halloween Monsters

I am excited to be chosen as a designer for My Cute Stamps through November. Thank you Holly, for this fun opportunity! Today I'm using images from two sets....Eek! A Monster! and Ooga Booga .

One thing I love about My Cute Stamps is that the images are super easy to paper piece. As shown below, I simply stamped the images first onto Kraft cardstock....colored in the parts of the images that would not be paper pieced......then stamped the images again onto patterned paper and cut them out with fine tip scissors. I used Copic Sketch markers to color my images. I also used a black Copic Multiliner to outline my Spellbinder's Square Nestabilities die template......before removing the die from my cut square. I like the framed look it gives my images.
I finished up my focal images by matting them with Spellbinder's Inverted Scalloped Square tie templates. The main image squares use lots of little stamps from both of my chosen stamp sets. I particularly like the paper pieced scallops from Oooga Booga.
Then I used lots of Halloween papers and ribbons from my stash. The circle embellishments are from Elle's Studio, I love her little die cuts. I used them as moons on my cards.
I think these little epoxy stars are from Making Memories. So many times, I just rip everything out of it's packaging and mix it all together.....so who knows where all these goodies came from.
During my design team gig, I'll be posting all of My Cute Stamps projects in their gallery HERE. Pine (Heather Nichols) was on the previous MCS Design Team so be sure to check out all of her cute projects in the gallery too.

28 comments:

Patti Jl said...

Another adorable project!!! Love to paper piece! Thanks for sharing...

Jane said...

You totally ROCK! how bloody ADORABLE are these cards and you make it seem so easy!!!!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Wow! These cards are amazing! So cute and I love all the details. Thrilled to be working with you on the DT.
:) Rachel

Marcie Sharp said...

Those little monsters are so cute! Love your paper piecing. Halloween cards are hard for me..I can't get past plain ol' black and orange but you have inspired me!

Julie Campbell said...

This is SO CUTE! You are the perfect designer for these images!

~amy~ said...

adorable paper piecing!!!

kristy mae said...

I read your blog in my google reader and have never commented. I just had to click over on this post to say that I LOVE these! They are absolutely adorable!

Deanna said...

eek, i must have these!

yvette said...

I love these little creatures I did not even think to use them for Halloween I use them for boy birthday cards...I love the paper piecing I will try it today

Kim at Polka Dot Thought said...

Very adorable! So glad fall is around the corner :)

patriciad said...

Aww, these are adorable!

Maureen said...

Congrats on your new DT gig - looking forward to your creations! LOVE these cards - they are too cute!

Amooretto said...

cute monsters! I love how you colored them and then added them to your AWESOME cards!!!

Chrissy said...

these are just stinkin' cute!

Unknown said...

Love the card! Great technique for colouring the monsters too - so simple but it looks like you've stamped on patterned paper - neat!

Margo said...

What colour copics did you use? I can't quite make it out in the pic.
Love you little monsters!! :-)

Taheerah said...

I love how effective the Copics are, even on Kraft! Great, fun cards Mish!

Sue from Oregon said...

So many fun elements to look at on this card!

Jean Franks Beck said...

OMG, Mish, these are beyond cute! Adorable!!! Love what you did with the paper piecing, the Nesties - everything!

KanataNewf said...

absolutely adorable!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Outline the frame??! (slaps forehead)Why didn't I think of that.... I like it!

Anonymous said...

These are just so cute! I love the stamps and I have never heard of that particular stamp company before. I am off to check them out!

csroyal said...

Too darn cute, Michelle!!!

Dawn M said...

these are so cute! congrats on the guest dt!

Lynn Put said...

These cards are all so stinkin cute! Congrats on the design team position!

scrappinfox said...

These are absolutely adorable!

Danisha said...

Have always loved your style!! If you take a look at my blog, I have made a card with the Vintage Picnic that kinda reminds me of your style! Would love to know what you think.

Nery said...

You are SO talented! I just love to see what you are working on. It is a great source of inspiration. Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails