August 14, 2009

flitter...flutter...fly

Today I used Karen Lockhart's newest butterfly stamp called Star Butterfly. Karen's butterflies are so cute and can easily be colored or paper pieced as I've done today.

A fun way to add some interest to your focal image is to place the butterflies off center....hanging off of the punched circles. I first stamped my images with black ink onto my circles. This allows the tiny antennas of the butterflies to be seen...but I don't have to spend time cutting out those tiny, detailed areas. Next, I stamped my butterfly images onto Basic Grey Lemonade patterned paper and cut them out. I used some Copic markers in tones of green, blue and pink to add a little dimension to my butterfly images. I then adhered them with pop dots, right over the black stamped images on the scalloped circles. I added these focal images to some very simple card fronts. I used strips of the coordinating patterned paper, the Lockhart *flitter..flutter...fly* sentiment and some tied Vintage buttons from Papertrey.
Very simple notecards to replenish some of my stash. I stamped birthday sentiments on the insides of these three cards.

I think these cute butterflies would also be cute paper pieced with some orange-y/fall patterned paper...maybe to resembe the big Monarch butterflies that I've seen fluttering by lately.

Hope your day is going great! My reds went back to school yesterday so it's very, very quiet around the house. I look forward to when they get off the bus and run to the house to tell me the *school news* for the day. :)

20 comments:

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute!
randommusingsfrommypov.com

Muriel said...

Just great !! I love to visit your blog and get so much inspiration

Kryssi said...

Hi Michelle, I'm a huge follower of your blog and work! Your stuff is just so inspiring and I can hardly believe I get to be on the same DT as u! :D

Juls said...

wow these are just gorgeous! the butterflies are stunning!

Dottie K. said...

These are just so adorable. Thanks for the tip now I don't have to cut all that small stuff out. Why didn't I think of that! I guess that's why I pop over here. Thanks!! Dottie K.

Diane M said...

Mish,
I just love these cards. They will be cased, for sure. How simple and yet a big impact.

Diane
aka detour3 on SCS, PCP, SNR, StampTV and other fab places on the 'net.

Sharon said...

Stop it!!! You are making me feel so inadequate!!! LOL

Love 'em, Mishie - once again, brilliant!!

Christina said...

Those are adorable! I personally think you really can't go wrong with butterflies! :)

MarieL said...

What a fun, easy, fast way to make a beautiful card.
Terrific idea, Michelle

Marja Sch said...

What a wonderful way to use this butterfly stamp. Such a gorgeous cards. Hugs Marja

lynn said...

these are so sweet! love seeing all your goodies!

Katja T. said...

Hi!
I have been follow your blog and yours awesome works for some while. Love them all. Now I'm interested to know what is your grey/brown cardstock you use so often in your works?
Yours Katja (from Finland)

Karen B said...

Oh my goodness, how cute!!!! As always your creations inspire me. Thanks so much for sharing!

amber said...

so precious, and so simple! can't wait to try this one out!!!

patriciad said...

Awwwww, sooo cute!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

SIMPLY GORGEOUS...........love these adorable cards.....elegant to boot......

Wendi said...

I love these! Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing work. I'm sure it takes hours to do all you do and I just want you to know how much I appreciate the daily inspiration.

Steph said...

Beautiful card, Mish....love the colours and how simple yet tylish the cards are. Why is it when i look at that butterfly stamp, i see ladies bras?? *giggle*....thanks for the inspiration

Stef Perry said...

I haven't done this much but I really like how you use the patterned paper for the butterflies. I love the apparent ease of making these lovely cards and appreciate you sharing.

My daughter is grown and has kids of her own and I understand how you miss your girls now that they are back in school...they grow up so quickly, as I am sure you know. Enjoy every moment is not a cliche...

Anonymous said...

I love these cards...
Thanks for sharing...
__________________
Melvin
Get easy cash at your door step

Related Posts with Thumbnails