August 26, 2009

Apples for my teacher...

I made another teacher themed card from some scraps and came up with another layout that I love! I used Karen Lockhart's cute Itty Bitty Apples again which were colored with Copic Sketch markers in greens and reds. Glossy accents give them a shiny appearance. I used the *for my teacher* sentiment from Papertrey's Vintage Picnic set. For the blackboard look, I stamped the word teacher and the apple(from PTI's Teacher's Apple) onto True Black cardstock using Fresh Snow ink. The polka dots on the side of the Ripe Avocado card base are from Polka Dots Basics II.
For the fun October Afternoon apple circles, I used my Spellbinder's Circles Nestabilities die template to cut them out. I used a tiny bit of adhesive to place them on my card front, then used my sewing machine to secure them down, using a wavy stitch pattern by just moving my card back and forth as it fed through the machine.
This is such a fun card to look at...lots of teacher themed elements like the apples, the basic circle shapes, the chalkboard and the colors. Hope you enjoy!

10 comments:

Cynthia's cards said...

Love the card MISH! The black looks like a chalk board with the white stamped on.Very nice.I'll have to get some teacher cards made now.

patriciad said...

Cute as ever. Oh Mish!!! Have you seen the new Pottery Barn catalog? There is a 3 tiered galvanized stand that has your name written all over it! Check it out - it's toward the end of the catalog. It has my name written on it too, so I think I'm going to slurge and get one.

Tammy Nichols said...

Very nice job! I am so impressed with the fact that I can depend on you to post everyday, I swear I don't know how you do it!

yvette said...

I love the card I think I am going to use the chalkboard idea for scrapbook paper I could not find any I liked but this is cute. Thanks for always having a post for my morning coffee

Marci said...

Love this card! I love how you achieved the look of a blackboard! Too cute!! Loving all the fall cards you have been sharing!!

Juls said...

Love this, love how you have created the look of a blackboard! just fab!

Kathi said...

Just got back earlier today from buying PTI stamps in Clarksville. I bought the last Vintage Picnic...love love love it! They told me someone had it on hold but called yesterday and changed their mind and didn't want it...lucky me! Never miss a day checking your blog...love your cards---recipes too and all about your family life.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love your card!
Where do you get your October Afternoon apple paper? We have lots of apples on our trees and I would love to get some of this paper and no one around here carries it.

Geny said...

I love the layout too Mish! Wonderful card, so perfect for back to school!!!

Romaine said...

Love the card! Duh on me on not thinking of using black paper and white ink for a chalkboard! Must try! ;0p

Related Posts with Thumbnails