August 19, 2009

Best Ever Banana Bread...really

Helpful Tip: Do NOT OVERBAKE the banana bread. I fell asleep while mine was baking and it got too dark and was a little dry. Mine baked at 1 hour and it was too long....I'll set my timer for 45 minutes next time. You want your bread to not have much brown color to it....just keep it soft and gooey.....just like Brooke's. ;)I mentioned a few posts back that Dawn's friend (and my new friend now too) named Brooke picked us(Dawn, Pine and me) up at the airport in Orlando and drove us to and from our hotel. She is just the sweetest girl ever and her twinkling smile has stayed in my memories since CHA. She's pictured on the far right in the photo above...hi Brooke!

Brooke was gracious enough to give us all a warm loaf of freshly baked banana bread as we greeted her. Each loaf was baked in individual bread pans and had a ribbon and a little tag tied onto it. Oh and a little knife to cut it with. It was such a sweet gift!

Little did we know just how sweet this gift was until I decided to share my banana bread with Dawn and Heather late one night at our hotel rooms. Little did I know that I should have hoarded my bread and locked myself in my hotel bathroom, hid in the shower tub and closed the shower curtain......just to savor this wonderful banana bread all by myself. It's really THAT good people, let me tell ya!

I HAD to make a recipe card for the BEST EVER BANANA BREAD. I know I'll be making this for years and years to come. The recipe is from Martha Stewart and I think it's the addition of the sour cream that makes this bread so.......moist.......and soft.....and kinda gooey on top.......and yummy........and moist.......get the picture?

My recipe took up a lot of space on my 4" x 6" card (fonts are posted at the sidebar on the left) so I didn't have a lot of room for embellishments. I used Papertrey Lemon Tart for my base recipe card and the Chocolate Remix patterned paper for the strip on the right. The cute Itty Bitty Bananas stamp is from Karen Lockhart, the perfect little image for my recipe card. I also added a pretty Papertrey swirl to the front of my recipe card.
The Copic Sketch marker colors I used are shown below...the three Y colors are perfect for coloring bananas, a great little trio.
HERE is the original recipe from the Martha Stewart website. You done good, Martha. I revised the verbiage a bit for my recipe card but the ingredients are all the same. My file messed up so I can't paste it here for you.....but you can easily print Martha's recipe from the website.
Thank you Brooke for the wonderful gift and recipe! I will think of you each and every time I make the banana bread!!!

15 comments:

yvette said...

Mish you have inspired me to organize my recipes and I have purchased a photo album that holds 4x6 photos and I will make my recipe cards that size and place them in there for safe keeping..Thanks for all you share....

Beth said...

How funny that I have Banana Bread cooling right at this moment. We must all be itching a little bit for Fall....just a little bit :-)

My recipe was very similar....hopefully it will be just as good!

Tami McBeain said...

I love your recipe cards, and the little banana inchie is adorable. I saw that Brooke gave recipe on the PTI release party forum the other night. I've been itching to make it since all you girls have been telling us how yummy it is! I'm really craving it now!

Juls said...

yummy recipe card! Love it!

Wendi said...

Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe. How thoughtful of Brooke. I always like good hostess ideas to have up my sleeve!!
I just got home from getting note pads cut at the office store. They are perfect! Yippeeeee! I'm so excited to start my own stash. Now I'll have to also add another recipe to the recipe box.

Elaine said...

Aren't new friendships wonderful! Sounds like you found a keeper! Thank you for the link to the recipe and the cute recipe card too! :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!!I love your recipe cards...
Thanks for sharing...
__________________
Melvin
Get easy cash at your door step

Tammy said...

Mish, do hand write your recipe cards or print them on the computer? I love the idea, such and inspiration! Oh,,, and I love your humor too!

Nancy said...

i just love reading your blog it brings a smile to my face and always a good chuckle! I'm sure when I bake this bread it will bring a smile to my hubby's face too! Thanks for spreading the sunshine!

Janelle Janish said...

So... do you think the Martha Stewart banana bread is better than Funky Monkey banana bread?

Love your blog and your charming creations. :)

Teresa said...

Michelle I just had a sweet chuckle that I thought you would like too! I was saving your banana bread recipe to my favorite file and I titled it Banana Bread from Mish Mash!!!! ha ha Hope this brings a smile to your face and day today. Thanks for sharing all you do...I appreciate and devour it all!

Brooke Maroth said...

hey girly! Imagine my surprise when I clicked on you today to see myself! I was like augh!!!! But, as life would have it, I think we were simutaneously baking the BEST B BREAD eva! I made some last night and I think I ate at least half the loaf by 10 pm...yum-o! I made 2 loaves b/c otherwise I would have been hiding in my car eating it! I wish we loved nearby and we could share a warm slice together! oh so good! xoxoxo!!

Anonymous said...

yummy recipe card!!!!!thanks for sharing...
--
Reenee
Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices

Unknown said...

i made this banana bread!! oh yum!!! it can't be banana bread because it didn't get stuck in my throat!! it is very moist.
my question - how long would i cook the little loaves? i would love to give this as gifts for thanksgiving..or just because...thank you for ALL of the wonderful things you share with us.

Anthonette said...

Hi Mish, a few days ago I made this Martha Stewart recipe for the first time. I wasn't impressed. The bread is good, but not moist.

But just now, I noticed your baking time is a lot shorter than Martha's recipe. Her's calls for 1 hour and 10 minutes. I should've followed your recipe card. The old recipe I use I always bake for 55 to 60 minutes. That extra 10 minutes specified by Martha's recipe is too long.

Related Posts with Thumbnails