July 17, 2009

With Gratitude Cards

Hi everyone, are you ready for the weekend? I wanted to make one more set of cards for the wedding couple this weekend and this time I reached for some Papertrey stamps. I used Lisa Johnson's Life stamp set, Spiral Bouquet, Trajan Monogram and Borders and Corners Circles. My color inspiration came from the wedding colors which are pretty close to Scarlet Jewel and Lemon Tart. I used Scarlet Jewel for my base card, monogrammed accent and sentiment....and Lemon Tart Bitty Dots paper for the strip across the front and the Life flowers. You can zoom in on the photo above to see the Life flower portion of the cards.

For the monogrammed accents, I stamped a monogram letter *T* from the Trajan alphabet stamp set inside a circle border from Border and Corners Circles. I experimented with a Spellbinder's Classis Large Inverted Scalloped Squares die template. I love how you can get a whole different look when just a portion of the die cut shows through. I packaged my cards in a clear stationery box and tied it up with coordinating Lemon Tart Swiss Dot ribbon. A Scarlet Jewel button and Rustic Twine accent the tied bow.
I think personalized thank you cards make great wedding and shower gifts. Every bride has those special little notes she likes to send out......and they're even more special when it has the new initial of her last name.


Okay, wedding gifts done......check! Off to make more zucchini *somethings*. Enjoy your day!! And Happy Anniversary to my mom and dad!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your mom and dad!

All my family all used to live in Kansas. I was born at KU Med Center :) (but I live in San Diego now).

Dottie K. said...

Wow another great set and I'm sure the bride will love them. So pretty! Happy Anniversary to your parents. :)

Patti J. said...

Beautiful cards - the bride and groom will be so thankful to have them! Great job!

PAM E FREDRICKSON said...

Nice cards; Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad; also, will you be sharing the zuchinni receipes?

Related Posts with Thumbnails