July 14, 2009

Lockhart Cupcake Cards

Edit: You're right, it's Cosmo Cricket, not October Afternoon patterned paper. Thanks for the heads up. And for coloring, I use Palette Black Noir ink.

I'm loving this new Cosmo Cricket patterned paper. The colors are vintage like yet are so vibrant too. I thought it would be fun to pair the papers with Karen Lockhart's 3 Cupcakes stamps for some fun new cupcake colors. When you click on that red link, you can view all of Karen's collection of cupcake stamps..cute!I used Copic Sketch markers to color in my cupcake images. By using the pointy tips of the Sketch markers, I was able to add polka dots to the background and image border.
I finished off my sweet cards with Papertrey Vintage Buttons tied with Rustic Twine, Papertrey sentiments from the cupcake stamp set and glitter on the cupcake frosting.
I left the insides of my cards blank. This way, I can use the cards for general greeting cards instead of just for birthday cards. Into my stash these little cuties go.....I may have to pull them out for my own secret stash cuz I think they're so adorable. Have a SWEET day everyone!!

Oh, and click on Karen's link to see her latest summer release of stamps! I can't wait to use the rocking chair with the quilt. *gasp*

14 comments:

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous card.. So cute and warm..

Mishy

Dottie K. said...

Wow these are just so sweet! :)

Bizzy B Creations said...

Very cute! I love the colors.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Sweet cards! I love the paper you used. I need to find a source online as no one around here carries it.

dolcreations said...

I love a cupcake card..and these cards are just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love your cute cards-so summery! And you're right, the colors are great. I love how you did the sparkle on the cupcake frosting especially! I checked out Karen Lockhart's latest stamps and I love the rocking chair with quilt and that quilted looking butterfly!

TishSch

Jennifer said...

Michelle, I absolutely love your artwork. It has such a sweet country appeal that I am drawn to! I have a quick question. What kind of black ink do you use with your stamped images that you then color with the copic markers. I am having trouble with the copic making the ink smudge and I can't get rid of it. Thanks for your help!

Donna said...

These are darling cards. You always use such cute papers and do a great job of coloring! Thanks for your continued upbeat and inspiring posts. I got to meet Karen Lockhart and take a class with her last Friday. She's wonderful and the class was so fun. She had 3,000 colored pencils with her for 14 students. Cups were on the tables filled with all pinks, all blues, all greens, etc. WOW.

patriciad said...

Beautiful cards, Mish. I'm really lovin' these cute lil numbers. My theory is you can't possibly go wrong with a cupcake. Am I right or am I right? You always manage to find the coolest paper. First you got me totally hooked on the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper (still LOVE IT) and now this October Afternoon stuff. I hope you get a good commission from these companies!! ;-)

Karen said...

This are so, so cute. I do love Karen's stamps. I am looking at the papers and I think they are Cosmo Cricket not October Afternoon or do the two companies have very similar lines? Have a great day.

BethieJ said...

Oh sooo CUTE Michelle!! I LOVE the cupcakes.. such CUTE colors!!

I wanted to THANK you for all your recipe shares.. I made up your salad, and drink (I made it adult form! :) ) over the last couple weeks!

I know your busy with PTI stuff.. I did share them, and give credit to your bloggy! today on my blog!
http://bethiejs.blogspot.com/2009/07/foodie-share-and-2-drinks.html

THANKS for all the inspiration.. off to finish my stuff so I can SHOP PTI tonite! :)
have a GREAT day!

Patty M. said...

I love that paper, too. Thanks for providing inspiration to help get the creative juices flowing. I made the corn salad on the 4th and it was a hit. I used the mason jars and made up a couple of recipe cards. It was a huge hit and I gave all the credit to you!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Ohhh theose are so cute! Love your work! Thanks for inspiring me!

Karen Hanim said...

Makes you want to eat them! Thanks for the tip on using the copics for dots. It looks great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails