July 24, 2009

Hen and Chickie

This little Buttermilk Hen image from Karen Lockhart just couldn't be cuter. I always wanted to be like Anna Wight and grow my own chickens but for now I'll settle for this cute little chick. I colored her with Copic Sketch markers to match the colorful Cosmo Cricket patterned paper. This paper is really fun if you want to get a mixy matchy look. I cut and embossed the Buttermilk Hen with a Spellbinder's Classic Circles Nestabilities die template, then layered the circle onto a Spellbinder's Scalloped Circles die template. Papertrey ribbon and buttons finish off the card.
And I just love to pair the Buttermilk Hen with Dawn McVey's cute *Thanks, Chickie* sentiment from Papertrey's Handwritten Notes. A perfect little card to add to my stash basket.
Another busy day planned....prepping for my trip, doing laundry, working in my stamp room, pickin' more cucumbers and zucchini (stay tuned for a recipe to use up some of those cucumbers you have growing out your ears).....entertaining the kids (Jordan and Josey have a great little diner called *Jordan's Diner* set up in the play room......the list goes on. As Dawn would say, *Later Chickies!*.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love that Cosmo PP. So have you made your "list" yet???

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! Can't wait for that cucumber recipe - we also have more cucumbers than we could ever eat and share.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

ooooh, i love her!!
cluck cluck!!

Chris Simon said...

I love your card - the chicken is so sweet. I don't personally have any desire to raise chickens, but I love this blog:
http://frontporchindiana.blogspot.com/

You can live vicariously through this sweet gal, who's raising chickens and sheep and has hilarious stories about all of their adventures.

Dottie K. said...

This card is just so darling. Love that paper with your chick. I would love to get this image, it's so adorable. Have a great weekend! :)

Karen said...

Such a cute card, makes me smile. How exciting to be going to CHA. Make sure you pack the sunscreen, the sun is hotter in Florida. Have a fabulous time.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous card! I have that hen stamp, but have yet to ink her up...now I'm not sure I'll do her justice!

Elaine said...

Mish - I love Buttermilk too! What a darling card! Also, we've found a recipe for cucumbers...only because we were at dinner the other day with our neighbor and this fancy schmancy place served cucumber gimlets...OMGOSH! They are soooo good. I ordered way more than I should have...but they were heavenly! YUMMMMM....

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I LOVE this card AND image and Paper!!!

I have a cucumber bread (like a banana bread type) recipe. LMK if you would like it.

I also have a YUMMY zucchini recipe on my blog here:http://debbiedee.blogspot.com/2008/07/whats-cookin.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails