August 21, 2007

Neeeeeed cupcake.......NOW!

Ever have those days where you could eat 20 cupcakes? I have them more often than I'd like to admit! LOL! I just wished carrots tasted as good! While on vacation, my sister and I fought over this cupcake paper at the local scrapbook store, we liked it so much. Good thing we found lots of it cuz we both stocked up! She told me about this card she saw that said *I need a cupcake.....now!* So I knew exactly what I wanted to make with the papers when I got home to my craft room. So here are my designs. This first photo are mini composition books that I found at Wal Mart. I added the paper to the front and back of the journals with a tape runner then tied on some fun ribbon. The fun sentiment was printed on my computer in brown ink. Then I die cut and embossed ovals with my Spellbinder's Wizard and Nestability Die Templates. I added a die cut scallop as a mat and adhered the ovals to the books with Stampin' Up! dimensionals. The paper is by Heidi Grace by the way. These will be fun little books to give to all my teacher friends. I might leave them on their desks after a day of subbing at the high school. Those days are SOOOOOOO cupcake worthy, let me tell ya!! This next book is an altered junior notepad. I can't tell you how many of these I've made in the day.....okay, okay LOTS! These are one of my best sellers that my friends purchase from me too. They always go quickly when I show up with my goody basket. Again, I adhered patterned paper and another die cut and embossed scallop. These notepads measure 5" x 8" with a front cover that opens up. I fold the inside and adhere it with sticky tape to create a pocket.
And these are some fun cards I made in assembly line fashion. The bottom cupcake patterned paper is cut into 4" x 4" squares so that I could get nine pieces from one sheet of 12" x 12" card stock. The top flowery paper is a portion of a scallop cut rectangle. I cut one with my Spellbinder die and then cut it into two pieces. Ribbon is from May Arts, gotta love those polka dots. Sentiment says Happy Cupcake Day and is from the Karen Lockhart collection.
Anybody else out there LOVE cupcakes? Let me know your stories!!

31 comments:

fairy said...

I was blog hopping and I found your blog! I love those cupcakes! You are really creative :) Keep up the good work!

Alex said...

those cupcakes are so cute - and yummy looking!! They are also a favorite of mine - and I don't care for carrots - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Linda said...

your creations are all so cheerful.

Dawn said...

Ooooh, I totally have this paper! I've tried soooo many ways to make it work for me...cut out the cupcakes?? Leave them on the whole sheet?? I found the design hard to work with...lol Thanks for the inspiration:)
Dawn

Dottie K. said...

Ooohhh love cupcakes and yours are so cute and adorable. I could see fighting over that paper. Love it! I prefer my husband to make cupcakes for work that away he can always leave 2 home for me. Yes he does the baking and is fantastic at it. Yummy!!! :)

June Houck said...

These are all adorable! Wow, you sure have been busy.

Babs said...

Hello - I came across your blog from SCS and have been "stalking" for quite some time now. I absolutely LOVE your work. Wow - each post amazes me. I had to comment on the cupcake designs! I just love them! I like that paper but was unsure how to use it. Your colors/paper, etc. are so beautiful and inviting! You have inspired me - not only to go make some cupcakes but to create some "sweet" projects too! Thanks for sharing your talent! - Barb

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, these are fantastic, the journals, pad holder, cards everything, I can see why you and your sister were in a struggle over this paper is it adorable.

Beth said...

Those cupcakes are FAT FREE AND DELICIOUS MISH! Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog all the time. I love your creations because we have the same taste! I wish you were my neighbor so we could make cards and eat cupcakes all day! LOL!

Libby Hickson said...

Soooo cute! And now I'm craving a cupcake, darn you! :-)

Karen said...

What a great group of projects. Love the cupcake

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, I have been stalking your blog for a while now, found through SCS. Love your work! You do such amazing projects. I don't really feel right asking, but I would absolutely LOVE to make some of the mini legal pad "covers"....do you have a template or directions somewhere as to how these are made.

Yours are SO cute and love all the cupcake stuff. You are amazingly creative and talented. Thanks for sharing your creations with us all!

Amy/yooperbrat on SCS

Anonymous said...

Your blog is one I make sure to read everyday. Help... I'm confused about the measurements for the mini legal pad. Can the pad be replaced when empty? Thanks, Susan

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

um... why only 20? The box and pans make 24! Very cute stuff!

Anonymous said...

Michelle I love that paper. Now I have to have it! Great projects!

Anonymous said...

I have always enjoyed your blog and your note pad ideas, you make the neatest things. Love that paper you used. On the jr legal pad, what size paper do you start out with, so that you can fold it on the inside of the front like you do and do you cover the back?

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! You are AMAZING Mish!!!!

Anonymous said...

all of your cupcake creations are adorable. but wait now I want a cupcake, LOL. thanks for the inspiration!!

Susan said...

Really, really, really cute ... they look so yummie. I can't wait until I get my nestability dies!
Susan

Charmingdesigns said...

Wow, another good blog!! I love everything you did!! Everytime you show what you did with the spellbinders...gotta get me some!!

Christina Fischer said...

Love it all! Everything is yummy and absolutely adorable!! Cupcakes are so much better than cake -- they're much more fun to decorate and eat! :)

Unknown said...

Oh gosh...those are all soooooooo adorable! I love that paper, too! And your designs are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS and INSPIRING work!! I've never met a cupcake I DIDN'T like, LOL. TFS.

Robin said...

Thanks for sharing all your creations! My favorite is the note pads - can you tell me how far on the back does the cardstock go? Or how big the piece of paper is that you fold around to make the folder for the notes? That would let me know how far around back on the notepad it goes.

Unknown said...

Just the cutest projects Mish - love that paper!!! The best cupcake recipe is Vanilla Vanilla from Magnolia Bakery - they are awesome!!!!! and really quick!

Tandra said...

OOOh so cute!! I have some uber cute cupcake ribbon that you would LOVE!!!

Tandra said...

UH-OH I meant CAKE ribbon! But I guess they could be a single cupcake too!! lol

Lynn Put said...

What a sweet idea, love the cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, was wondering if you could post the instructions to the jr. legal pad.. I'm dying to make some of these! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your stuff is really cute!
Do you sell these? I love this type of thing but with a small children's accessories business of my own and 2 young children,I can never find time. Let me know if you sell them.
Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails