August 12, 2007

Indian Corn

This card makes me think of Fall, which will be upon us before we know it. My dad will be harvesting his corn soon and the girls will be going back to school next week. I love every season that comes along and I'm lucky enough to live in state where the landscape really shows all four seasons. For this card I used a Spellbinder's embossed oval for the focal image and then mounted that on a brown scallop oval. I think it creates a really nice frame for this wonderful Indian Corn image from Karen Lockhart. I used lots of Copic marker colors to color in the corn and then created a light blue shadow around the colored image. The tips of the Copic markers stay really pointy so it was easy to get all those little kernels colored. I intentionally left off a sentiment so that I could use this as a general greeting card.....for any occasion. Supplies from Ellen's Online Store: Spellbinder's Nestabilities Die Templates, Copic markers, Black Noir Palette Ink, Lockhart Indian Corn stamp

Other supplies: MME Tres Jolie patterned paper, Papertrey white cardstock, May Arts ribbon, Heidi Swapp slide clip, SU! piercing tool and template, SU! dimensionals




















9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card! We too will start heading into fall. Plus three this morning and heavy fog!
Love those colors of fall! Any mass producing in the near future?
Enjoy your day!
Dawn T

Jenn in GA said...

I love fall, and I wish it was around the corner here in GA. Sadly, it won't arrive until about NOVEMBER! The thermometer will hit 100 again today...hope we get rain at some point so that we have a pretty leaf display.

Nice card, Michelle. Can you provide some info about what machine to purchase to get into the whole Spellbinder's Nestabilities Die templates? I know they work with a Cricut or a Cuttlebug, but is there a machine made specifically for them, since I own neither of the other machines?

Alhambra Club said...

What a lovely card, love those spellbinder dies and embossers

Alex said...

Very nice card - love the fall feeling it gives! I can't believe summer is coming to an end :-( TFS! Alex

Beth Thomas said...

Not only is your card beautiful, it has inspired me for the invitations for my mother's 60th birthday party. Her last name is "Corn" and the theme is a fall corn roast.

Linasolopoesie said...

AUGURI DI UNA BUONA GIORNATA DI FERRAGOSTO....ANGELA

Anonymous said...

Yourcard is FABULOUS!! GREAT color and paper choices. TFS.

Beth said...

YUM - love the background paper! It is descrumptious! You are in the fall mood!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS Indian corn, Mish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails