August 23, 2007

Covered Journal Instructions

Cut cardstock cover for notebook 8" x 10". Score a short end at 1" (this section will be adhered to the back of the notebook with sticky strip, I usually don't cover the entire back). Then continue to wrap and score the cardstock around the book. You will have a "spine" which will be less than 1/4" and then the front should be 5". You will continue folding the remainder of the cardstock and will end up with a pocket on the inside(see photos of inside cover on that post). Cut the inside portion at an angle to make a pocket. The bottom of the pocket will also be adhered with sticky strip. I also adhere a piece of cardstock to the top of the journal to make it look *finished*. Sticky strip works best....redline tape...it holds forever! By using this tape though, the notebooks are not refillable. Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

loves2stamp said...

Are these the instructions for the pads you made with the cupcake paper?
Thanks!

Kim G said...

Thank you for listing the instructions, they answered all my questions, can't wait to do one.
The cards you have are adorable.
Thanks!!

Paula said...

Try adding a piece of ribbon to make a tie to hold it together.

Charmingdesigns said...

Hi. I have a question I think you can answer for me...I have a bunch of the "lasting empression" brass thingies, can I use the wizard and the tan pad for those? Thanks for all the instructions you've been giving!! lm.sm@juno.com
Laurie

Related Posts with Thumbnails