April 4, 2014

Friday Finds...for the love of watercolor

I'm returning today with a Friday Find post.  I'm featuring some nifty little finds that I've transformed into the most fun mixing palettes for your watercolor paints.  They're all in my shop now.  I'll be happy to refund excess shipping costs for combined orders.  Enjoy!

Darling little Nippon dishes......
 An egg plate perfect for those deviled eggs on Easter....or a beautiful mixing palette with lots of individual wells.
 Loved these old beauties....boomerang shaped dishes with the loveliest florals....
 One of my faves is this simple divided dish...theres 3 of these listed so you could customize each palette with different color schemes....
 Milk glass with gold edging.  So on trend...perfect for a mixing palette and a little side dish for paints and bits & baubles...
 Last but not least I've found that these glass flower frogs are perfect for keeping brushes on display while painting....pencils, markers, small scissors, etc also fit into the holes.....
I've kept a few lovelies for myself so I'll be including those in photos when I do some painting.  Thanks for joining me today.

3 comments:

robynthedoglover said...

Do you know that the divided dish was originally meant for fondue?

robinann17 said...

Love all your lovely dishes - the boomerang shaped dishes are called bone dishes. They were used to hold chicken bones or rib bones. My aunt collected them and had my uncle build a dish display that went around her kitchen so they could always be on display. At one time she told me that I could have them, but when she passed her family divided them between the children and grandchildren. How I wish I could have had a few of them!

Evgenia Petzer said...

that looks wonderful Michelle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails