November 30, 2010

12 Days of Christmas...Day 3

Etsy shop update: The Brown Paper Sacks are now sold out in my shop. I'll be having more in soon. Back in stock today...Mini Clothespins, Small Clothespins and Cork Paper. In stock soon: Long Sleeves, Short Sleeves, Notebook Slicks, Bookmark Slicks, Brown Paper Sacks...and more polka dot envelopes. :)

Welcome to Day 3 of Melissa's and Mishie's 12 Days of Christmas! Please join Melissa and me as we present some more fun holiday projects for you. Today's theme: It's in the Bag.
Santa isn't the only one with goodies in his gift bag this year. Today I've created some fun gifts using my Brown Paper Sacks that I know you will love. (note: the sacks may sell out but I have more coming to the shop soon).
Actually I've created two fun projects from one nifty idea. All you need to do is take one of my Brown Paper Sacks and make a fold. Stitch around three sides to create a bag with pockets.
The nifty part is that there are now TWO pockets. More room for tucking treats and goodies inside. I'm calling these my Double Pocket Pretties.
To embellish my Double Pocket Pretties, I pulled out some holiday themed supplies including red Wrinkle Ribbon, shiny red sprigs, baker's twine, my jingle bells, patterned papers from The Girls Paperie, Metal Rim Tags and Dainty Doilies.
To embellish, I added patterned paper to the front of the paper pocket along with a sticker border from The Girls Paperie collection.
Wrinkle Ribbon tied up with baker's twine, jingle bell, holiday sprig and a metal tag embellished with word stickers add a nice finishing touch with lots of pretty details. For this pocket, I added a vintage holiday pot holder to the back pocket and holiday candies were tucked in the front pocket.
Now. I love this second version of my Double Pocket Pretties too. Here I've simply folded over the top of the pocket to create an envelope paper pocket. So cute. I folded my doily and adhered it over the sides of the envelope flap. Next I created a slider closure with a strip of patterned paper. A metal tag with a punched circle of patterned paper and more sticker words create a simple and easy presentation. I think I could make these all day. :)
You can tuck all sorts of stuff in the envelope. Here I used more candies but you could easily use embellished tags or small notecards, etc.
Ohhhhh, I see lots of crafty goodness coming out of my Artsy Studio soon. I love these Double Pocket Pretties. How about you?

I can't wait to see what Melissa has crafted for us today. Be sure to check her blog today too.

Please remember: The Double Pocket Pretties and other items that I share on my blog are for your personal use only. You can create them for friends and family and teachers, etc as much as you want. But please don't sell these items in your Etsy shops or else where. :)

My Recipe: Great for holiday brunches!

Southwestern Crescent Rolls

1 pound sausage

1 (8 once) cream cheese

1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies

3 packages crescent rolls

Brown sausage and drain. Combine with cream cheese and green chilies. Add heaping spoonful to each crescent roll triangle. Roll and bake as directed on package. You may have a few crescent rolls left over. Enjoy!

21 comments:

Chrissy King said...

So pretty!! And your recipe???? We'll be waiting!! :o)

Margi Mae said...

oh, you are so smart....a double pocket! More room for goodies. Just cute as can be.

Susi said...

Once again another lovely idea. I want to make some. Hopefully I can get my hands on some of the brown bags.

Tabitha said...

Just grogeous! Darn. I knew I should have bought those bags last night!

Mandy said...

These are fab Mish! I'm thinking they'd be great to pop little gifts in for work colleagues!! Great inspiration yet again...thank you for sharing.

Mandy

Cindy said...

Yes - I love your double pocket pretties. You must be working 24/7 just to keep up with your Etsy Shop!

Diane Jaquay said...

I've really been enjoying your 12 days of Christmas posts Mish, and these double pockets are just adorable (love both versions you've showed us here!) Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Karen said...

I love your bags and I agree, I could make them all day long! I just wish I could

Anonymous said...

Very pretty pocket ideas Mish. The envelope pocket really appeals to me - maybe it's the gorgeous bits 'n pieces you dressed it with, or maybe it's the mystery of what could be inside? Either way, it's beautiful.

Jo R.
Australia

Vikki Jo said...

OMG Clever! I need more ideas for Ghiradelli Chocolates!

Anne Tussing said...

Your little sacks are the cutest thing EVER!!! How do you give them away when they are so wonderful! I say put a few in your treasure chest to save for the girls to look at always!

Createology said...

Your double pocket pretties are super clever. Love your ideas and thank you for sharing. Happy Holly Jolly...

Alice said...

love the double pocket pretties! so cute and fun!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! I love this item! I have got to make some of these for my teacher friends! I have a bunch of lunch sacks.

Babies-Beth said...

There is something so heartwarming about Cchristmas papers all together... and decorated chocolate, lol, is the final touch!

nancy said...

I was trying to decide how to package some note cards for my aunt when I checked your post and, of course, it was Mish to the rescue. Thank you for a cute (and inexpensive) idea. I'm loving these 12 days of Christmas posts that you and Melis are giving us.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy Lyles said...

genius as always Mish!!

cowboydutrem said...

Very beautiful colors!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

I hopped over from the write.click.scrapbook. Tumblr, where this project was shared! Awesome-ness...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

If you don't allow others to sell your "original" pockets in their etsy stores, why do you let Melissa do it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails