September 10, 2009

Just Rite at Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers has a little write up about JustRite at their site HERE. You can check out the reviews and watch a video that Beate did using the Holiday Demi Phrases stamp set. JustRite's Holiday Demi Phrases set is very cool to use because half of the sentiment fits at the top of the stamping block and then you can create your own personalized sentiment at the bottom of the stamping block. So for my tags below, the Holiday Demi Phrase is *sending holiday joy* and the sentiment I created is *from the Woodersons* using a JustRite alphabet. You can find the Holiday Demi Phrases and the Christmas Joy Borders and Centers Oval Set at JustRite Stampers in the holiday section HERE. For to complete my simple tags, I stamped the images in Ripe Avocado ink and layered Spellbinder's Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities die templates. I put pop dots on the bag so they'll be all ready to use.Today, instead of finished projects I want to just give you some food for thought about the upcoming holidays. Christmas time is always busy, with the usual hustle and bustle that comes with the season. But for me it can get a little stressful and that seems to take away from the real meaning of Christmas. This year my holiday motto is very simple: Keep it stylish, keep it simple.

I love to make and give gifts...however that doesn't mean I need to break the bank or my back trying to come up with elaborate gifts or packaging. Every year during the holiday season, I set up a table in my basement that has gift wrap, tags, tape, markers and everything else needed for a gift wrap station. So today I thought I would share some ideas of how you could get an early start on the holiday season.

By preparing some simple gift tags in advance, you can easily build a little stash every so often. Then when it's time to wrap gifts, you'll be all ready to go. Here are some examples of what I might use my tags for:

Below, I have some Kraft paper sacks. I could easily put in a few homemade candies and cookies, or perhaps a jar of homemade jelly that I made this summer. All I have to do is attach my tag to the front and tie a simple ribbon to the top of the sack.
Or I could use my tag to embellish the fronts of an envelopes. These could contain my holiday cards, a thank you note or even gift cards. Nothing fancies up a gift card like a little cute packaging. Again.....keep it stylish, keep it simple.
My last idea is to wrap up a few fat quarters of fabric for that *oh sew special* friend. The fabric is so pretty, the simple tag and ribbon is all that is needed to make a nice gift.
So with a little advance planning, you can start to get a little bit ahead of the holiday rush. My goal is to enjoy the season....not be so stressed......make time for games and fun and quilting...and family......and embrace the true meaning of Christmas this year. Once you have a few tags and wrappings gathered, store them in a cute container...like my old bread tin. Then when Christmas time comes, you'll be all ready to bring out the rest of your gift wrapping supplies. You'll be prepared, you'll be relaxed and you'll be thankful that you took the time to do a little pre-planning. Have fun......and Happy Holidays!! (did I just say that?)


Some of the other JustRite ladies created some goodies using the Holiday Demi Phrases set...you can check them out here:
Michelle Kovack
Lauren Meader
Sharon Harnist
Lisa Somerville
Kathy Jones
Angela Barkhouse
Debbie Olson
Barb Schram
Heidi Blankenship

9 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Great minds think alike. I love your tags just perfect for any gift. I'm working on tags now. I have my christmas cards done and all my handmade gifts except one which I'm working on. It just takes some planning and I love to enjoy the holidays and NO STRESS. It the simple things that matter most. It's my favorite time of year. I love getting ideas and save them for next year. You always insprie me. I'm using your notebooks for gifts this year. Everyone loves them. Have a great day. Dottie K.

Tricia T said...

Why is it that yummy fabric makes my mouth water more than the thought of cookies or jam??? :-) Great ideas!!!

farmhouse-story said...

l love all of your ideas--this one is no exception! thanks for sharing!

Marci said...

The holidays are my absolute favorite time of year! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful ideas. I have no excuses for being stressed the first week of December now! I'll just be saying...
"If I would have done this back in September when Mish told me to..."

Karen B said...

Oh my I just love your work! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Kathy Jones said...

What a wonderful, stress free, classy idea!!! I bet everyone who receives one of your gifts will be impressed!!! :)

Nancy in CA said...

Love all the projects, as usual you've out done yourself. I have to agree with Tricia, as much as I enjoy homemade jam and cookies, the fabric pictured has the special look any crafter would love to have. Can you please share with us who makes the fabrics in your post? I would love them for myself...Thanks again for all you share. Nancy in So Cal

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Love your simple and stylish tags... all of your ideas are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I just love your ideas, and how you coordinate the fabric, Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails