Edit: Yay, I now have FORTY ONE of my blogging friends signed up for Make A Child Smile!! That was pretty easy, maybe I should double my pledge numbers. Let's go for it girls!!! I know there are thousands of you that hit my site, surely we can get forty more. Leave your comments on THIS post and I'll keep adding to my pledge list! Your heart will swell up REAL big, I swear!! You will feel so good when you do this. I need 39 more pledges to reach 80 Make A Child Smile volunteers. I'm so excited about this!! Thank you all again! When I reach 80 pledges, I'm going to pick a name from the sign up list for an extra special MISHY PRIZE DRAWING!!!!!!!!
Wooooooohoooooooooo, I have 39 of my blogging friends signed up to send cards to children from the Make A Child Smile organization. You can read the original post HERE. Thank you sooooooo much from the bottom of my heart for taking the challenge, guys!! I know there are more of you who could spare some cards for these sick kids. Keep signing up at my original post if you want to join in.
Just a few reminders:
1. Do not put *get well* type sentiments on the cards...use more of thinking of you, have a happy day, etc type of sentiments. Some of the children will unfortunately not recover from their illnesses so more generic type sentiments would be appropriate.
2. You can sign your names and also give an email address. It is not required but some of the kids and parents will email you to thank you for your card. Please do not expect this though as these families are very busy caring for their children.
3. Some fun things to add in with your cards would be stickers, photos of your family or kids, a handwritten note from your kids, etc.
4. The list of kids who would like to receive cards are listed at the MACS website. You can print off the entire list and send cards from there. Please check the listing monthly....it is updated with current names of the children who would like to receive cards. There are also a few kids featured monthly if you'd like to just send a few cards each month.
5. Make this fun for the entire family.....I'm going to include some of my card kits that I showed in my original post in our Christmas advent box this year. I really want my girls to know that life is more about giving than receiving.
6. Gather up your supplies and head to your local girl scout troup, senior citizen center, retirement homes, etc. These types of groups would LOVE to join in on this cause.
Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can only imagine the joy the kids will get from opening your cards!! Bless you all!