June 19, 2014

Winnie & Walter Guest Blog Post....Floral Cards

I love a good floral stamp set, especially when I can create a vintage look with the images and have lots of options for adding color.  It's also great when the stamp set has a fun typewriter font that I love so much.  Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold and Extras has just the look I love.  
I used a journaling card as the building block for my images.  I stamped the images in brown ink, stamped the filler image then colored a few accents with Copic markers.  For the banner I did some two step stamping with a light pink ink.  My vintage typewriter came in handy for adding a birthday sentiment.  I popped the flowers and birthday sentiment up with pop dots.
A strip of washi tape placed diagonally is accented with a staple.  The journaling card has stitching to add a homespun look.  I used a pretty patterned paper from my stash for the background.
*Sigh*...beautiful floral images on a card just can't be beat.  Thank you so much to Winnie & Walter for having me as their guest this week.  Be sure to check out all their fun stamp sets & see their social media links on their blog sidebar.

3 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Love your cards Michelle! TFS!

Victoria H. said...

Your cards are so lovely!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Super Sweet card!!!
I love the shadowing on the flowers!!!!
tfs:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails