June 23, 2009

Happy Hour

I don't know about you but the summer time keeps me hoppin'. With ballgames and practices 3 nights a week, kids spending the night, the flower and vegetable gardens, birthday parties, July 4th planning, more meal prepping....it makes for some busy days and late nights. Sometimes we just need a break, right?

I thought this card would be fun to send to a friend who needs a girl's night out. I used Just Rite's new Girl Time Borders and Centers stamp set along with some fruity tooty drink patterned paper from my stash. The circle border sentiment was stamped with black ink onto white cardstock. The center image was stamped onto patterned paper and colored with a Copic marker and highlighted with Ranger Stickles glitter. I cut out my images using Spellbinder's Circle and Scalloped Circle Die Templates.
I wanted to play up the fruit punch colors in the patterned paper, so I finished off my card with some colorful sentiments from Papertrey's Day At The Beach stamp set....tied Vintage Buttons and bright pink polka dot ribbon.
A fun little card that will surely brighten a friend's day! Hope you take some time to relax and just hang out with a girlfriend. We all need a little break now and then.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

OK maybe we need a tutorial on how your tie the MOST perfect bows! Your blog is soo AWESOME! I love visiting every morning, your blog is part of my morning routine!

dolcreations said...

This card is awesome! Your blog is part of morning routine as well!
Have a shower...have breakfast..kids to school..read Michelles blog!!!
Happy day to you!

Chrissy said...

These are just the cutest!

Unknown said...

I love the colors! I love the paper! I love it all! I have an old "drink" stamp that may be getting a new life! Thanks for inspiring!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Super cute card! But, you are really killing me with the mason jar thing!! Even if I didn't win, I just want to know! lol. Anyway, I made a little card with your Vintage Picnic Sentiments.. It's up on my blog today. :)

Courtney said...

That card is really cute!!!

Cindy H. said...

Adorable card!! Lots of fun images and colors!

Wendi said...

Adorable! I love the fun colors. Now I guess I need a "drink" stamp. I just can't keep up with you!! You are wonderful for sharing. Happy Day!

Shelley said...

I just have to say that I do not often post but I always read your posts and admire your projects. I love how you go all out with beautiful table settings and all the works for everything and it always looks so wonderful together! I love vintage finds as well ~ if only I had room for all the wonderful things I do find! I would totally weigh 450 lbs if I lived with you what amazing food you make!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful treats and creations with us. Even tho I have not stamped in ages I find that my creative side is itching to come out when I view your blog! Thanks for posting! ((HUGS))

patriciad said...

So so cute, Mish. I'm in the planning stages for a girls spa weekend in August and I'm trying to think of something cute to make everyone (there will be 5 of us). I know I'll find just the inspiration I need from your blog. You're the best and CANNOT wait to meet you in Orlando and get to do a make and take with you. I'm not worthy..I'm not worthy...(chanting as I bow before you). ...and don't worry, I'm not a totally insane stalker type, just moderately insane...no worries. :-)

Gina said...

So, so cute! Definitely a fun card!!! I love how the pink ribbon pulls out the fruity colors of the paper - just like you said you were going for...imagine that! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails