August 15, 2008

Rustic Branches....Thankful For You

Whew, what a party that was last night at the Papertrey Forum. Those girls can CHAT!! I hope you all had a chance to see the new Papertrey release. If not, you can visit Nichole's blog HERE and the official Papertrey Ink website HERE for ordering.

One of my dearest friends, Heather Nichols......I call her PINE........has her very first stamp set being released this month at Papertrey. It's called Rustic Branches and it's a pine-a-riffic set, a must have for your stamp collection!

Here's a card I made using Pine's new set, using various words to create the *thankful for you* sentiment. I love how simple Pine's designs are, yet they make for some beautiful finished projects.
Of course, when I think of Pine, I think of buttons. That girl can stitch on buttons with the best of them. Never an undressed button! I had to use some of my special, vintage buttons for this project.
I also used a Cuttlebug folder and some white ink.
I cut my image with a Spellbinder's rectangle die, airbrushed it with some green Copics and then used my Copic Colorless Blender to make some splotchy dots. I love that look! And I love placing a button in the center of the wreath, so cute! So Piney!
Well, I'm off to Archiver's today with a friend so I better run. Congratulations to you, Pine, on a great set!! I'm so happy to have you as a friend!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is stunning!

Anonymous said...

What a great card! Love this set...simple and elegant...and I love the CB folder with it. Another fab job, Michelle!

Rachel said...

I love this card!! Amazing!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! Love the effect you created with the Cuttlebug Folder!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Mish, this is beautiful! I love Pine's set and you did an awesome job.
I have a big container of vintage buttons I purchased MANY years ago at an antique store and love going thru them.
What is the white thing with the handle? Is that the ink pad or a sponge?

All moments remembered said...

WOW beautiful cards!!!

Melissa said...

ADORABLE! My goodness---I just love your cards---this is wonderful!
Melissa

DeeDee said...

Oooooh Mish, this is way too CUTE!!! I love buttons....I just found a treasure of buttons recently in a local antique shop so I may try your little button arrangement out!!! TFS!!! Have fun shopping....HUGS!!!

Karen said...

Archiver's you lucky duck. We don't have them here. This is a very nice card. When you use ink in the cuttlebug folder is it easy to get off? Can you use pigment, die or hybrid inks? This technique is really nice.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Another sweet card -- love all those old buttons -- oh, mine have been calling me -- I just haven't been listening -- LOL!!! This is lovely, nostalgic and so, so sweet!!!

Diana said...

This card is too cute! I love the effect of the blender pen to make the splotch-dots...not sure if it was intentional, but the way you positioned the buttons looks so much like braille: all six dots are the word "for", and that goes so well with the sentiment "thankful FOR you"...love this card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails