April 28, 2007

Bundle of Joy




I was in a coloring mood yesterday so I made up a few baby cards with this adorable giraffe image from SU!'s Bundle of Joy set. I love images like this because they don't take very long to color and I can still mass produce them easily for my card stash. I used SU! markers and the Cool Caribbean ink pad with an aquapainter since there is no CC marker. Then I glitterfied the spots with SU! Dazzling Diamonds fine glitter. Cardstock colors are Caribbean Blue, Certainly Celery and Barely Banana. Patterned paper is from SU! also. Sentiment is from Papertrey and baby letters are the SU! Doodle Alphabet. I love alphabet stamps!!!

Tip of the day: Use a light colored marker to outline your colored images. I used Barely Banana and Bashful Blue around the little giraffes. This makes your images just pop off the white cardstock.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your tip of the day. I love that look and always figured it was a little bit of watercoloring around the image. HOw quick and easy it will be to outline with a marker.

lilstamper said...

Really cute cards! Love that giraffe - of course, I had to have him too - LOL! Have a great weekend! Alex

Linda Nicholson said...

Super cute cards Michelle! I love your tips of the day...I think that I need to make myself a little book just to contain the all....hmmm what can I alter?

Linda

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always!! Love that little giraffe - may have to use him for baby announcements . . . if the baby ever decides to appear! :) Great ideas - thanks!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Such a CUTE card! Love the colors you used!

Tami McBeain said...

Adorable baby cards!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, your giraffe cards are adorable--as ALWAYS! TFS!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE, JUST ADORABLE!! TFS and the tip. I hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend.

Bethany Paull said...

Thanks for the marker tip. I'll have to give it a try. Adorable cards.

Sherrie said...

So sweet, I love to do that little bit of shading around the image! Looking forward to hearing about you selling your cards, I do too, and wonder if we do things similarly...

Chantelle said...

You are just so clever. I love your cards and designs. I like how you show how many cards you can make using same stamps, cardstock and colours. TFS. You are truly inspirational.

Anonymous said...

LOve the color combo - the stamps - the details. So pretty! Love your blog!

Beth said...

OMG! Mish - those are so cute! SO FLIPPING CUTE!

Ila said...

Oh My..These are so Cute! I love visiting your blog and I love your great tips!!

Anonymous said...

Mish -
I was so excited today! I checked in after the weekend and I had TWO entries to read...and one complete with DCWL! Thank you so much! Love everything you do! Your cards are, as beth said, too FLIPPING CUTE!!!!!! Aren't you glad you are blogging now??!!!! We are!!!! Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Adorable baby cards!!

Denise said...

Love your tip- i haven't yet colored this set to my satisfaction, so off i go to try out the outlining!! The cards are so cute too- i wish that paper was still current because it's too cute to hoard... TFS! denise:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails