March 10, 2010

Variegated Violets

Hey everyone. I'm busy behind the scenes preparing lots of new projects. Today I have some more cards I created using Papertrey's Year of Flowers: Violets stamp set. When looking at some of the flower images I found on the internet, I was intrigued by some varieties that have a variegated look. It was easy to recreate by simple drawing lines on my flower images using my Copic Sketch markers. I left the very insides of the flowers white so that the veins would pop. I love that look. For coloring images on white, my favorite paper to use is Papertrey's Stamper's Select White cardstock. My ink of choice is Palette Black Noir. If the images are really detailed with a lot of black lines on the inside, I usually heat set my stamped images by simply holding my heat tool over the images for a few seconds.

For the rest of my card I used papers from Amy Butler for K & Company, Vintage Buttons tied with Rustic Cream Twine and some velvet ric rac from my stash of goodies.
On a side note, Eric hollered into the bedroom at 5:30am this morning "You got any birthday cards, it's Sandy's birthday at work?" Um dear, I stamp for a living, of course I have birthday cards. But could ya have asked me this last night? I told him where to find a little stack of cards....the cards in today's post....and he was a happy camper. There were no envelopes sitting with them so I was wondering if he found one. He called from work and said "Sandy loved her card. I didn't put it in an envelope though." Question answered. Men are so simple and easy to please.

16 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

I love how you colored the violets! I so need to get my set out and ink it up.

Lianne Carper said...

As always, these are beautiful! Awesome job coloring the violets - it's what really drew me in!

Too cute about no envelope. I can TOTALLY see my hubby doing the same thing.

Heather said...

Lovely card! I think C=Violetts ae so pretty.

That is too funny about your husband. Typical male! :) Sounds like something mine would do.

Have a great day Michelle.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful colour combo Mish!

Unknown said...

Love how you colored the flowers, perfectly matchy matchy with the patterned paper you used. I laughed at the Eric story, thanks for sharing. You should be proud he remembered Sandy's birthday... better than most men!

Troy Louise said...

Pretty, pretty cards. Thanks for making me chuckle out loud w/your Eric story. My husband would have made me getup & find it!

Cindy Holshouser said...

When do we get to find out about your vintage ribbon secret?

Princess Danell said...

Lovely violets.

Bahaaa! That's hilarious! Got any cards? Like asking a cow if they have milk! My husband would do the same thing...actually, he would ask me the day AFTER the birthday. Sheesh!

Have a great day!

Janice said...

These cards are just gorgeous Mish! I'm fairly new to Papertrey and I've been trying to resist this violet set as there are sooo many things on my wish list. You have now made me see that resistance is futile!! lol!
Thank you for the inspiration...and enabling! =)

Jean Franks Beck said...

ROFL - Husbands! Gorgeous cards - amazing Copic work there, Mish. As always. :)

Unknown said...

Awww - cute card and even cuter story. Hmm... who needs an envelope anyways? Just gets in the way of the card ;)

Ted said...

Men, simple to please; women, impossible to understand. A fair trade, no? ;) Mish, as always I love your work and these cards are darling! :) You're a good wife!

Alice said...

I adore your soft coloring on the flowers! beautiful cards!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I just love how your cards come together. They are beautiful!

Jeanne said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the violets and have found them very fun to color. Love the varigated effect that you used.

Linda said...

You did a great job. Love the paper and the coloring on the violets. Good profile pic!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails