March 23, 2009

Green Thumb Flowers

I remember how excited I was to get Papertrey's Green Thumb stamp set. It was one of the very first PTI sets and I still reach for it when I'm in a gardening mood. I needed some birthday refills for the ol' stash so I created this springy looking card. I used several elements from the set to create a flower pot of pretty pink flowers. The aqua mist pot was stamped, paper pieced and then attached to the main focal image with pop dots. Pink sequins accent the flower centers. I used Aqua Mist cardstock the focal image mat, along with Aqua Mist Saddle Stitch ribbon and Sweet Blush Satin ribbon. I used my sewing machine to add a few messy stitches to secure the ribbon down. Base card is Kraft with Fresh Snow dots from Polka Dot Basics. Patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye Penny Lane Collection. Sentiment on circle is from Mega Mixed Messages. Vintage button with ribbon and twine accents the flower pot.
I stamped the sentiment from Green Thumb on the inside of the card along with some Fresh Snow flowers and a strip of the patterned paper.

Hope you had a great weekend! We did a lot of hard, back breaking work in the garden but it felt good to work together and laugh as a family. It's back to school for my girls tomorrow as Spring Break ends. We had SO much fun, I'm going to miss the little squirts during the day!!

14 comments:

Dottie K. said...

This is so pretty and love the spring colors. :)

Renee said...

So very pretty and springy! I love it!

Anonymous said...

這麼好的貼,竟然沒有人頂,我來頂一個.

大家也來幫我頂一下哦.
a片


av女優

日本A片

a片下載

av片

洪爺

色情a片

Arlana 11426 said...

Such a darling card - love the colors and the cute stamp set!

Becky said...

This is so pretty, love how you put bling in the center of the flowers.

nat said...

so so cute !
I love it :-)

Jenn said...

Mishy Poo! I love this!!

Dolly Mixtures said...

I love your use of the green thumb set. The pastel colours are just gorgeous. All in all a super card!

Karen said...

Very cute. Love the little flower pot. Thanks for showing both the outside and inside of the card. Lately I have been paying more attention to the insides. I love the follow through with the paper from the front to inside.

Anonymous said...

I really have to get some of that paper. Do you think there is any left in the continental United States, or have you bought every single piece they produced???!! :-)

tg said...

I love this. The colors and details are so pleasing.

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow, this looks so nice and beautiful!

CherylQuilts said...

I always love seeing cards that use older stamp sets...and Green Thumb is great. Love this card! Now I can't wait for Mega Mixed Messages is back in stock!! I really need it! LOL! Thanks again!

Kelly Lunceford said...

I have so been in the mood to use this set! I think I may need to get it out soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails