January 21, 2009

2009 Valentine Inspiration Station

Hello my Little Lovey Dovey's. It's time for my 2009 Valentine Inspiration Station. Can you feeeeeel the love? Here we go! In case you don't know what an Inspiration Station is....it's a collection of themed crafting supplies that I gather up in one spot. It's all out in plain view, easily accessible and oh so inspiring. Here we go!

Starting off, I've gathered up some ribbon....Papertrey spools in delightful colors, clothespins with delicious finds all tucked into a tin measuring cup and a new package of Making Memories vintage-like ribbon.
Stamps......check out some of the new Karen Lockhart cuties, those heart peas are cute huh? And of course some Papertrey sets like Heart Prints and Sentiments that coordinate with the two heart punches.
Look at these! I found stacks of these at my latest antique store venture in Paxico, Kansas. I should have bought them ALL! They're vintage tin molds for jellos, cakes,etc. I have ideas for these brewing but I can't tell you....it's a secret.....and I don't have it all planned yet. I found the little set of tin measuring spoons at the local Salvation Army for .69 cents. I'm using them as scoops for buttons and embellishments. The black and white goodies are epoxy tags from Making Memories, my latest find at Archivers.
More fun stuff like Martha Stewart glitter in pinks and reds, Stampin' Up! large heart eyelets, some pink sequin heart stickers....all goes into a tin drinking up.
And buttons.....oh yes, love the buttons. I also found some Prima flower sequin embellishments at my local scrapbook store. I've been finding cute salt and pepper shakes to store little stuff in. These square glass ones with metal screw on lids came from an antique store in Osage City, Kansas. There's hundreds of salt and pepper shakers out there, you just have to be picky and find *just* the right ones. I like ones that are clear, see through and that have metal lids. And there's my cute baby food chopper jar with the pink metal lid. It's one of my favorite finds ever from a thrift store in Hillsboro, Kansas.
Patterned papers from My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey and Papertrey and more....my new rule for patterned paper is to only purchase one sheet of each (two if really that good) and use it up. There will be more next year, trust me. Don't be a hoarder!
Now. All of these goodies have to have a place, they can't just be sitting out collecting dust. I used to put my stuff on a shelf but I've now grown fond of old wooden drawers. This particular one has removable dividers, it probably came out of some old desk. I neatly tuck all my supplies in there and it sits on my craft table. It inspires me every time I look at it.
Here's the front of the drawer, looks like an oak finish...and it has a metal label holder and a neat handle........perfect to hold my measuring spoons that I dolled up with Papertrey Sweet Blush ribbon and a polka dot epoxy tag from Making Memories. It's fun to make a Valentine Inspiration Station.....so get to it girls......and be sure to post a link!
I was going through some Valentine photos and found my teacher gifts from last year. They're covered Hershey nuggets, tucked into clear sacks with a little tag added to the top. Fun! Can't wait to work on this year's goodies.
And here were Jordan's Valentines for her classmates. A wrapped Hershey nugget along with store bought (*gasp*) Valentines.
I hope you enjoyed my post today and that I inspire you to create some fun Valentine cards and treats. I'm in full Valentine mode so stay tuned for more!! I just love you guys!
Bonus: You've all wanted to know what that new font is that I'm using (like on my blog topper). It's called Pharmacy and it's my new FAVORITE font. You'll be seeing it's lot more.

47 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

Hi, I have just "found" your blog and I LOVE your work, I thought I would just take the time to thank-you for you inspiration x I made some wedding acceptance cards based on one of your designs and I thought you may like to see it... It can be found here http://cardsandacuppa.blogspot.com/2009/01/morning-all-as-promised-if-little-late.html . Thanks again, Sarah-Jane x

Susan said...

I absolutely love your blog...you have inspired me to try many projects.

I just wanted to say I love your inspiration station idea...but I have a confession. I haven't put away my Halloween stuff from my inspiration station (an old Schweppes soda wooden box)!!

But I think you've inspired me to finally get the black, orange and purple items put away and replace them with yummy Valentine's Day stuff.

Thanks for all your great ideas!

Beth said...

I love it! Thanks for the IDEAS MISHIE POO!

Katy said...

What a fab idea! Love the crafty items you have in your Valentines Inspiration Station :)

xx

Dottie K. said...

Hi Mish, Oooohhhh Aaaahhh!!!!! Love the stuff you've gathered and can't wait to see what you create. Love those vintage molds. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

I've become a convert to the "Inspiration Station" idea, and after reading this post, I think your philosophy about patterned paper may really help me out! A simple way to fight the hoarding urge!

Tami McBeain said...

Love all your goodies Mish. And I need to take your advice about using stuff, I'm such a hoarder! But you're so right they will make more!

Margo said...

I love when you put together your inspiration stations.... so fun to check them out! :-)

Elizabeth S. said...

Oh, what a greazt idea!! I just love looking at your blog and reading about all your ideas.

Lee said...

Ohhhh LOVE that LOVE inspiration station!!! Now that my stamp room is almost cleaned up and organized I sooo want to follow your awesome ideas!!!! And what truly SWEET valentines and special teacher gifts!!!

Zarah said...

Oh gosh! That's so inspiring and SO cute!! Love the vintage tin molds too - they're aaaaa-do-ra-ble!! :D

Mandy said...

Can't wait to see what you do with these Mish. I love your idea of the inspiration station, I usually have to go on the hunt for all my bits and pieces then realise I had something else I could have used for the theme long afterwards!! I may have to try this. Your projects are gorgeous and very inspirational...thank you

Mandy

Jessica said...

How do you do it all? I'm always amazed. You have the best ideas. You do what I'd like to do with all of these little gifts and fun stuff. But instead of just saying, "It would be nice," you actually DO it!

Anonymous said...

My-O-My...too cute for words. I gotta get me an inspiration station! Love the new blog banner too!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it completely ROCK to be a a KANSAS GIRL!!! I'm glad you've found so many awesome things at our countryside little stores! I need to get out of Kansas City and come back closer to home to locate some good "finds" soon!

Godchick said...

So very cute...it's inspiring me to put together my own inspiration station! And I think I have just the thing to hold everything, well except for the paper. Now to round up all things Valentines!

Anonymous said...

Love your inspiration station. I kind of do something similar except I haven't made mine so delectable. I collect all my stuff for the current season and keep it out to remind me what I have. Now I just need to put it in cute containers too. As for your font, I searched for a long time to figure out the name of this font. I finally found it a few weeks ago, the funny thing is that I am a pharmacist. Hehe

Anonymous said...

Just love your vintage finds. Wish I could find stuff like that where I live. The little molds are tooo cute. Can't wait to see what you're going to do with them...something really cute no doubt.

Melissa said...

Holy cow girl...you are ADORABLE! I am doing this TONIGHT...cause I'm a free girl now and wanna play. If you don't mind, I will give a little plug on my blog to send others to yours...they will love this idea!
Melis

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mish, you got me going on inspiration stations last fall and I have been keeping up with it. I find I use soooo much more when I do this. I also am trying to break the "hoarding" habit.
Love your blog...every day...you inspire. Thanks tons.
Kristyn

Anonymous said...

Love the inspiration station -- I've used the idea, but don't have it all in a cute place. I do have a Longaberger basket that I just rescued from my attic-cleaning husband, though. . .hmm, that may work! By the way, I don't know for sure, but your drawer sure looks like one from the library card catalog files. Does anyone remember those or (now that I'm 50!) am I just ancient?!!

Unknown said...

LOVE seeing all your goodies Mish!! I just picked up those yummy MM ribbons and papers - LOVE them!! Love your antique pink topped jar - so neat!!

Karen said...

Love the inspiration station. Lots of yummy stuff in there. Am very excited to see what you make with all the goodies. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

LOL @ gasping at the store-bought Valentines. I decided this year that I am not buying...making all of them - for pre-school, first grade and (2) church classes - fun stuff! Love your new header with your inspiration station in it...and great idea on the just buy 1 sheet of DP....good idea.

Amy Kolling said...

I found your blog a while back and now visit it almost daily to see what you've come up with new!! I also saw in today's post that you mentioned several placed in KS.....I live in Topeka!! Keep up the awesome work!!

Patti said...

I love this post!! You are so full of inspiration and ideas. it makes me want to abandon my pile of "have to do's" and go and play! Thanks for sharing your ideas~

Patti

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Michelle.....one would almost think you were putting together Blog Candy for some sneaky project.

Gail S. said...

Mish - I cannot wait to see what you create with all of your goodies!!

L~ said...

Just "found you.." I'm inspired, thank you!
M-u-s-t c-r-a-f-t n-o-w! :)

L~

Jenn N said...

I just found your blog and already added it to my favourites. Your work and creativity is wonderful!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fab-U-Lous, Michelle! *sigh* Wish you could set something similar up for me in my MESS of a space! Can't wait to see what you make with your goodies!!!

Valerie said...

what a CUTE idea for little Valentine cards! WOW look at all that good stuff in those pics "drool" haha!

Brooke said...

Love your inspiration station idea. I've been having issues coming up with ideas for male cards, baby scrapbook pages, etc. so I might just give this a go. And it will help me pull out some stuff that may just have cobwebs on them.

Anonymous said...

I love vintage! Thank you for your inspiration station. I can't wait to get to work and back home again so I can see what I have for my own inspiration station!

Cindy said...

Mish-- I love your scrapping and quilting ideas. Your inspiration station is great but I have a question. Where do you get your ribbon that you have on clothes pins??!! Thanks and keep up the great work!

Michelle Whitlow said...

Oh, don't you want to cry a bit when your kids want the store bought Valentines instead of making them??!! My kids did that last year. But this year my daughter wants to make them. I think the box of Valentine stuff that came from Stampin' Up enticed her a bit ;-)

Thanks for all the inspiration!

wendy peatross said...

Such fun stuff. Thanks for sharing your goodies!!

Anonymous said...

I love your inspiration you share with all of us; I wait daily to see what you have on your blog; and then dream all day; your ideas are fabulous; your are my daily cup of joy!

Judy H. said...

Hey Mish, Love your ideas - can't wait to see more! BTW, where do you buy and/or get the best deals for your paper, ie. October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye, etc.? I know where you get Papertrey - but what about the others? Judy H.

glitter girl said...

Love your new header and look! I need to get my pink stuff out and start creating! Have a super duper good day!

DairyQueen said...

I love all the valentine inspiration!

Caryl P said...

Thanks for the idea for an inspiration station! At least with all the wonderful stuff out there is some organization. And it gives me a bit of direction for the next time I'm out at the consignment and antique stores. I'm always seeing wooden milk or soda crates, it may be just the ticket....Can't wait to see what you create!

Tandra said...

An absolutely inspiring post!!!
I must have about 50 of those Jello mold tins Ive gotten from Ebay. And there they sit, doing nothing! I just cannot WAIT to see what you come up with to do with them!

DeeDee said...

WOW Mish, I always love your inspiration stations!!! This is one of my favorites so far....um its probably all the pink and RED!!!! LOL!! I have my Mamaw's measuring spoon set like the one you found and I still use it!!! There are matching measuring cups too!!! All beat up and well worn and I LOVE them!!! TFS....HUGS!!

Lisa Brown said...

Great ideas, Mish! Thanks so much for your inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I just love visiting your blog. I enjoyed looking at your antique finds. It's just the kind of things I also love finding when we garage sale in the summer. You are a real inspiration. It's just the kick in the pants I need to get im my craft room and get busy.

VictoriaG said...

Michelle, As usual, you have the most charming projects! I love, love them and have an on-going list of things to craft using a lot of your ideas!
Now my question: Please, please, where do you find the clothespegs? I have searched the internet for them and haven't found them yet...I will search locally this week. Any hints? I just love your ribbons wound around them, so clever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails