March 16, 2008

Easter Inchies Challenge

What's an Inchie you ask? An Inchie is simply a 1" x 1" square piece of artwork. Karen Lockhart and Ellen Hutson have paired up with a new business associate to create and carry a wonderful line of product all geared towards Inchie Art. Be sure to check out all of the Inchies supplies HERE and Ellen's blog HERE to learn more about Inchies. Be sure to read Ellen's subsequent posts as she has added more Inchie posts each day since that first introduction to the Inchies.

I asked a few of my fellow blogging friends if they'd like to partake in an Easter Inchies challenge. Let's go see what they created. Click on the names to link to their wonderfu blogs: Cindy Lyles, Trudee Sauer, Debbie Olson and Sharon Harnist. Be sure to leave comments so we know what you think of Inchies!

And here's a few of my creations. Below is an Easter Inchies bandaid tin. I challenged the girls to use Karen Lockhart's Dotted Bunny and Organic carrots for their designs. Well, leave it to me to stray! I wanted to use a pastel theme that matched my patterned paper so I couldn't resist the Lockhart cupcake, snail and inchworm!! Aren't they just adorable?? Notice how the Itty Bitty stamps from Karen fit perfectly on the inchies. For the Dotted Bunny, I simply cropped a 1" section that worked as well. So you can mix and match tiny stamps with larger stamps, it's all good!
And here's another shot of the Inchie tin. I covered another inchie with patterned paper and added a 3-D flower embellishment. The possibilities are endless of what you can create! The little tin can be used to store other Inchies so that the front of the tin can be displayed in different ways on different days. Supplies: Provo Craft Bandaid Tin, Michael's ribbon, MM Garden Party patterned paper, White Inchie squares, Palette Black Noir ink pad, Copic markers.
Here's a shot of some Inchies supplies. Pictured are the white and black Inchies and a roll of magnet tape.
Next, I created an Inchie creation in a card format. I used Ellen's new Sprout paper. It's a fun little collection of papers! For this card design, I used 3 Inchies, staggered on my card layout. By staggering the Inchie squares, I was able to stamp the entire Dotted Bunny image. I colored directly onto the chipboard piece with Copic markers and added some Copic airbrushing to the edges. The Inchies are mounted onto the card with dimensional foam dots. Sentiment is from AMuse and two Decorative Pearls from Ellen's store were added for some bling.

Have you ordered your Inchie supplies? If you receive Ellen's newsletter, be sure to use the coupon to receive additional savings. If you haven't signed up for the newsletter yet, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of Ellen's website. We have lots of fun stuff coming up so don't miss out!

Be sure to check out the previous post, I posted it just last night. Lots of cute cards using the Dotted Bunny!

19 comments:

Trudee said...

Oh I love that little tin!! HOW CUTE!!!! Awesome designs, Mish, thanks for the challenge!! (sorry I strayed...LOL!)

Juanita B said...

Out of this world sweet and pretty!
I love the colors. Using three on a card is a fabulous idea: I would have NEVER thought of it. I had figured that I didn't need to get into the inchies because I couldn't think of what to do with them...well, you ladies have dispelled that myth with your glorious creations, LOL. TFS.

Jenn said...

Too cute Mishy!! Love the magnents

Anonymous said...

I like how you used magnets to attach inchies to the tin - clever idea! I think I like it when people make inchies using stamps not necessarily intended for inchie art - great inspiration today!

Lesli said...

Awesome projects - thanks for sharing your ideas!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I so enjoy my visits to your site. Your Easter projects are all so sweet & very creative. TFS!
Sheila

Debbie Olson said...

Awww, Mish! This tin is so sweet! That paper is perfect too!

Anonymous said...

This is so very cute - you amaze us every single day. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of these soft, pastel inchies; so cute! Thanks for throwing out this challenge; I've really enjoyed everyone's entries; they are all FABULOUS!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the inchies - love the bandaid tin!! fUN FUN FUN!

Sharon Harnist said...

Fabulous Inchie idea for the bandaid tin, Mish -- super cute images all in pastels!

Unknown said...

Lovely! Thanks for all the ideas on the inches! great stuff.
Hugs,
Robyn

Lee said...

Oh wow!! I've never seen these litte inchies......I'll have to try those!! The little band-aid tin is sooo cute!!!

Jennifer Buck said...

To cute! I have got to try this 'inch' thing. Love these! :)

Judy in Indiana said...

Your inchies are so cute. I am sure someday I will become attached to the inchie craze.After I see what everyone else has done I will have lots of ideas on how to use them.

liannallama said...

oh, these are adorable!

SueB said...

Your stuff's awesome and I LOVE that dotted bunny! Here's my take on the Easter inchies this year:
http://sueblondin.blogspot.com/2008/03/easter-inchies.html
later, alligator!
- SueB

Anonymous said...

Everything is so cute!!! Love them!

Anonymous said...

I love the inchies and what great ideas with the cards and tins! Really love the postcard layouts too.You inspire me daily!

Related Posts with Thumbnails